Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer .ie domain

Options
  • 16-02-2015 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,
    I was planning to transfer my .ie domain to Blacknight from my current service provider Register365. Everything seems easy but I stopped in middle of the way, when I noticed that they have charge for domain transfer 

3w.register365.com/knowledge/domains/domain_transfer/1155-transferring_a_domain_name_away_from_register365

To be honest it surprised me very much because I transfered many domain names from one registar to other and I've never was charged for this kind of service.

Because I am foreigner in Ireland, maybe I am not aware that this kind of practice are common here. Can you confirm it? I would be glad to hear do you charge for transfer away from Blacknight as well. 

Or maybe I am wrong and this charge is related only to specific domains mentioned on that website .uk and .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info or .us only?

Please answer, how do you think is it legal in Irish Law to charge for moving away service (this way I could be charged twice for same)? I hope you can help me to sort out this situation or maybe you can point me to anybody who can help.  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Verwolff

There should be no charge to unlock and transfer a domain name from one provider to another.
    I'd query that directly with 365 - if they insist on the charge please let us know (email us directly: sales@blacknight.com_) , as you can bypass them entirely for the .ie domain name.

Regards
    Michele

Advertisement