Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini ITX build €600 - €750

Options
  • 16-02-2015 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am finally going to build my first gaming PC and would really appreciate your advice.

Small form factor is important, I am thinking of a build that will fit inside a nice mini ITX case.

The performance I am looking for is to hit 50-60 FPS at 1080p on high settings on current release titles.

1. What is your budget? €600 - €750

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals, No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? PayPal, Debit card, Credit card.

9. When are you purchasing? Sometime in the next 30 days.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

CPU Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box
    ready for dispatch from 2015-02-17

177,99 €

177,99 €
    Article No. HV1038MSDE

GPU MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G mit MANTLE und Gaming Evolved Client, 3GB DDR5
    ready for dispatch

241,07 €

241,07 €

RAM Article No. HV20MI48DE
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9
    ready for dispatch

63,62 €

63,62 €

PSUArticle No. HVR501CXDE
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W
    ready for dispatch

61,42 €

61,42 €

HDD.WD Blue 1tb 16MB
    52 euro

SSD Article No. HV12CZSLDE
    Crucial SSD 120GB BX100
    ready for dispatch

63,62 €

63,62 €

Using hardwareversand.de and discounts site geizhals.de.

Factoring amounts at a glance
    amount 660,26 € + Shipping costs + 6,99 € = credit amount 667 approx

Amazon.Co.uk

Case termaltake core v1 mini cube 40.99pound ( NOTE case does not support a DVD drive)

Mobo Asus h81i plus 42.98 pound

Approx 115 euro.

Total cost around 790. say 40 over budget.

That can be brought down by losing the ssd. Lowering the gpu. Can swap the mobo save another few euro.

Can go for a gtx 760/r9 280 and lose ssd. Will bring cost to around 700.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Can go for a gtx 760/r9 280 and lose ssd. Will bring cost to around 700.

Thanks for the build.

The case you mentioned looks great for airflow.

What benefits will the SSD give me? Is it faster loading times?

Thanks for the build.

The case you mentioned looks great for airflow.

What benefits will the SSD give me? Is it faster loading times?

For the price it has alot going for it.

Faster boot up times for windows, snapper machine . anyone that has one wont go back. It is worth the budget stretch If you can afford to do so.

If not don't worry about it. Can add one later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box €177.99
    MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G mit MANTLE und Gaming Evolved Client, 3GB DDR5 €240.95
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9 €63.62
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W €61.42
    Crucial SSD 120GB BX100 €63.62
    Thermaltake Core V1 €37.93

Total build cost: €645.53 + €11.99 shipping

http://www.amazon.co.uk/H81I-PLUS-Motherboard-Socket-Intel-Express/dp/B00EJZ8RZW - Motherboard - 42.98GBP

With the hard drive for 52 you mention above and the motherboard on amazon for 43 GBP, it should come in around 768 euro which is just over budget.

Same build as above, except same case is cheaper on hardwareversand, just re-posting as I was curious to see if fluffy's script still works, do you have a link to the hard drive on hardwareversand?

• Advertisement

tony1980 wrote: »
    Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box €177.99
    MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G mit MANTLE und Gaming Evolved Client, 3GB DDR5 €240.95
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9 €63.62
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W €61.42
    Crucial SSD 120GB BX100 €63.62
    Thermaltake Core V1 €37.93

Total build cost: €645.53 + €11.99 shipping

http://www.amazon.co.uk/H81I-PLUS-Motherboard-Socket-Intel-Express/dp/B00EJZ8RZW - Motherboard - 42.98GBP

Same build as above, except same case is cheaper on hardwareversand, just re-posting as I was curious to see if fluffy's script still works, do you have a link to the hard drive on hardwareversand?

A sweet. much better.I must have messed up pricing somewhere when adding and removing parts . Western digital blue 1tb or Seagate Barracuda 1tb which ever cheaper really. Couldn't find the case on hwvs so good jobby.

so 750ish all included.

I am thinking with the case having so many ways to see inside I should put some LED lighting inside.

pic6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

^that thermaltake new case looks so good, probably a little too dust attracting though. bet it is light as hell.

I got mine last year for about 500quid, just for a reference it runs so smooth so far.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89860580, and some pics along these couple of pages http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055334204&page=176

To get surround sound will I need to switch the motherboard to add a motherboard that has an optical port?

I have a good surround sound headset that uses optical.

Any recommendations?

To get surround sound will I need to switch the motherboard to add a motherboard that has an optical port?

I have a good surround sound headset that uses optical.

Any recommendations?

That Asus one does have an optical port.

• Advertisement

That Asus one does have an optical port.
    I can't see it.

I am I looking at the right motherboard? http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H81IPLUS/

line.jpg

MSI H81I LGA 1150

That one definitely has.

ASRock H81M-ITX

Just under 60.

Having looked into it a bit more I am considering taking this up to a micro ATX build.

I see there is a similar sized case made by Thermaltake. The core V21 that will give me the form factor I am looking for minus the restrictions of a mini Itx mobo http://goo.gl/CNdO3W

I am also considering a good sound card for surround sound rather than using the mobo for audio. Any suggestions?

Will the rest of my mini Itx build work for the micro Atx. Obviously I'll need a different motherboard.

edit: any other suggestions for a micro Atx case that I should consider?

Seems like a great website for organizing a build and seeing completed builds. http://de.pcpartpicker.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Had a decent build specced for me here also after Xmas, have a look also :

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057350499/1/#post93585060

Gonna upgrade the processor on it though as I should have got a better one.....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Had a decent build specced for me here also after Xmas, have a look also :

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057350499/1/#post93585060

Gonna upgrade the processor on it though as I should have got a better one.....
    Do you have any processor in mind?

Do you have any processor in mind?

Going to go with this lad I reckon :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KPRWB9G/?tag=geo01-21&ascsubtag=bestcpu

Probably pick it up cheaper from Geizhals/HW Reversand...

I haven't really ran into any games that the processor hasn't been able to play in all honesty, Shadow Of Mordor, Titanfall look incredible on it - but as per the thread above I'm a bit of a BF fan and BF4 CTE runs okay but the odd stutter it does give grinds my gears.... :)

I'm more thinking along the future proof lines though, will be a decent 1080p rig for a few years to sit along nicely with the consoles... :)

I haven't really ran into any games that the processor hasn't been able to play in all honesty, Shadow Of Mordor, Titanfall look incredible on it - but as per the thread above I'm a bit of a BF fan and BF4 CTE runs okay but the odd stutter it does give grinds my gears.... :)

I'm more thinking along the future proof lines though, will be a decent 1080p rig for a few years to sit along nicely with the consoles... :)
    I am thinking of moving up to that i5 also. I like what I see from it.

Today I have started looking at the AMD FX 8350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sorry to but in on someone else's thread but was having look at your setup mate it looks really good ill prob be going with something similar later in the year too but id say ill go for the i5 or i7 just wondering how you found it heat wise is it staying pretty cool for you? And is it playing most games at ultra with that cpu?

• Advertisement

Some serious price differences between AMD and Intel CPU.

AMD FX-8350

What are peoples opinions on AMD?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Some serious price differences between AMD and Intel CPU.

AMD FX-8350

What are peoples opinions on AMD?

I dont think there are any AM3+ socket itx motherboards

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I dont think there are any AM3+ socket itx motherboards
    Oh right, thanks. So it wont fit in a MATX mobo?

square_peg_round_hole.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Oh right, thanks. So it wont fit in a MATX mobo?

square_peg_round_hole.jpg

They should have MATX motherboards, sorry, didnt spot that you were changing from ITX.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    They should have MATX motherboards, sorry, didnt spot that you were changing from ITX.

Apologies, I must ask a mod if that can be changed to MTX in the thread title.

You going to go amd?

You going to go amd?
    Its all a bit up in the air at the moment lol, Its my first build and I am learning new things everyday about what I can and can't do with a build and I am moving the goal posts all over the field at the moment :)

I just seen AMD CPU's are much cheaper in comparison and was looking at an i7 equivalent or near enough to minus the big price tag.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sorry to but in on someone else's thread but was having look at your setup mate it looks really good ill prob be going with something similar later in the year too but id say ill go for the i5 or i7 just wondering how you found it heat wise is it staying pretty cool for you? And is it playing most games at ultra with that cpu?

It is indeed, running very well and seems cool in the tower I got - hasn't overheated or powered off as of yet - even BF4 runs well, just generally stutters for a second everytime if there is a lot going on in the game....

That's purely down to processor though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It is indeed, running very well and seems cool in the tower I got - hasn't overheated or powered off as of yet - even BF4 runs well, just generally stutters for a second everytime if there is a lot going on in the game....

That's purely down to processor though...

Nice it looks a nice size for a sitting room. Id say an i5 would be good enough then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement