Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information:Payments at the Post office while waiting for Public Service Card

Options
  • 16-02-2015 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi, I had an interview for a public service card a few days ago Tuesday 10th 2015, the interviewer took my old social welfare card, and gave me a temporary one until the PSC arrives, she said it would take about 10 days.
    As anyone who gets paid through the post office knows, they swipe your SW Card to bring up your information, before you get your payment.

Can I use the temporary card I got to get my payments from the post office?

It didn't dawn on me at the time, to clarify this with the woman who interviewed me (mind on other things).

I writing this on Sunday night fretting mad, that I won't be able to get my payments Tomorrow as usual because of this, (food to buy, and a lecky bill to pay)

Can anyone out there put me clear on this, if they have been through it. I'm hoping and praying all they have to do is type in my PPS number and everything will be OK.

Thanks in advance for any positive responses. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Yeah the temporary card will be grand. Just make sure to bring along photo Id.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HandoLogan

Yeah the temporary card will be grand. Just make sure to bring along photo Id.

Sorted :D Public Services card came this morning, Just activated it via the phone number that came with it. Total mug shot of course. Thanks :)

Advertisement