Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post of the Year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

LFC Thread Hillsborough Remembrance
    It was a tough decision but Doughboy just shaded it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

There can be only one winner but he'd be turning in his grave at all of us voting him to number one and thanking his post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I still laugh loudly when I seem Rayne Wooneys masterpiece but the implosion takes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Grayditch
    Genuinely do not get why that rant post is so popular. Just comes across as ridiculously dickheadish in an unfunny way.

Still undecided as to the winner of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Pighead
    v3ttel for me.

Thoroughly researched, beautifully delivered.

• Advertisement

Pighead
    Some crackers in the nominations list.

Future Guy/Hococop was a special night for us in the United thread. We were in the midst of depression at the lack of action in the Summer transfer window, thread in the dumps, and then out of nowhere a burst of 3-4 pages of gold started by Future Guy and Hococop, fair play lads.

Pilsbury Doughboy; Well if you're going to go, go raging! The addition of Kenny Powers jpegs raised it for me, as it was the kind of rant the man himself would come out with! But...

The winner for me has to be v3ttel. It was amazing. I now know how the people who were there to see Moses come down from the mountain with the tablets and the 10 commandments felt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Pilsbury Doughboy
    While we're at it, can we get the Draw a footballer thread stickied on the forum? That thread can never be allowed to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Pighead
    V3ttel.

Great effort and well written.

The meltdown goodbye was funny.

Hillsborough post was probably gesture of the year more so than post of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Pilsbury Doughboy
    Oooh, I'm there. Unexpected :cool:

Anyway, FutureGuys is the best. Just great Simpsons references and timing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Oooh, I'm there. Unexpected :cool:

Anyway, FutureGuys is the best. Just great Simpsons references and timing.

My involvement was minimal. Hobocop was the genius at work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

v3ttel
    Between Hococop and Skylinehead for me.

Skyline just shades it purely for the absolute hilarity that that thread brought from 5starpools brainfart. (In fairness to him he took it like a champ after too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Pighead
    While Pilsbury Doughboy's meltdown was funny I have to give my vote to v3ttel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Doughboys is one of the funniest posts I have ever read – what a way to go lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Never understood the hype with the FutureGuy post. Good post and all but the attention it got here confused me,
    somehow it went viral across this forum. I'm an avid fan of the Simpsons and all but it was nothing outrageous.

Then again as one poster mentioned, nothing had been happening at all in the United thread, so it's a case of taking what you're given I suppose. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Who'd have thought Niallo could make a telling contribution for once? Even if it was an indirect result of his usual shenanigans..

Advertisement