Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poster of the Year

• 16-02-2015 6:44am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Poll to follow for the biggest category...Poster of the Year:

Diego Simeone, Pighead, Lord TSC, Mars Bar, 8-10, SlickRic, GavRedKing, Blatter, PaullyD, Fudge You, miralize, Mister Anarchy, keane2097, The Doc, efb, LuckyLloyd

Poster of the Year 168 votes

Diego Simeone
    0%
    Pighead
    6%
    MonkeyTennisGLaDOSbeertonsMorzadecmajor billInsane RamblingDarkglasseskksaintsFudge YouTake Your Pants OffKen Shamrock 11 votes
    Mars Bar
    7%
    uchKingp35[Deleted User][Deleted User]dreamers75Captain HavocFuhrerAgileMyth10green bottlesOmackeralLyricaljay1988Saipanne 13 votes
    SlickRic
    1%
    KingdomYidKenjataimu 2 votes
    LuckyLloyd
    4%
    mayordenisJulezhomerjay2005Mars BarFuzzy_DunlopDickertyFerris_Bueller 7 votes
    8-10
    19%
    jesus_thats_greUnearthly~Rebel~ArmaniJeanssNukaColaBenzinoBandana boyredzerdrogdfx-JohnerMr Alanmurpho999garra[Deleted User]Mr. GuappaSM01Diabhal Beagx43r0Hangballlouieniallo27 33 votes
    Lord TSC
    0%
    Buford T. Justice XIX 1 vote
    Blatter
    4%
    MickerooOrdinary manGavRedKingduffman13derfderfGiggsy11Donnielightohurlingman97 8 votes
    Paully D
    4%
    PigheadadoxVic Vinegarxtal191keane2097Professional GrieferOranage2Winston Payne 8 votes
    GavRedKing
    11%
    dougalCorholiofred funk }{adaminhotitan18PatserThunbergsAreGomosstinKnex*EuropeanSondjPSBGanymede Glowben.schlomoTaosHumSoups123ronjomarno21GavlorMightyMandarinJaMarcusHustle 20 votes
    MisterAnarchy
    27%
    efbhullaballooBarrgosplanracso1975MushyDozen Wicked WordsShanotheslayerPyjamaramaShoulderChipUlysses GazeGonzovisionKirbyrob316Killinatoreagle eyeCrann na BeathaDeeper BlueLukker-Broxi_Bear_Eire 47 votes
    miralize
    0%
    RasTa 1 vote
    efb
    0%
    Royal Irish 1 vote
    TheDoc
    5%
    HyzephersymbolicLahinchiansPierce_1991HalloweenJackhappyoutscanseany212121brianregan09cathalio11Ed Winchester 10 votes
    Fudge You
    2%
    Hank ScorpioDolph StarbeamQuandarydr.kenneth noisewateralchemist33 5 votes
    keane2097
    0%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I vote for myself, Kanye will be along shortly to advocate for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

MisterAnarchy
    What what what?! I'm nominated? Cheers guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing
    efb wrote: »
    What what what?! I'm nominated? Cheers guys!

Have to tell you that I have absolutely no idea why you are nominated either. :pac:

MisterAnarchy
    ronjo wrote: »
    Have to tell you that I have absolutely no idea why you are nominated either. :pac:

OK...

Not sure if serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

8-10
    Lloyd obv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

GavRedKing
    Surely m!ck or williamnt deserve a nomination for their daily attempts to wind up liverpool fans???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MisterAnarchy
    Not familiar with a number of the posters so I guess the voting is fairly superthread heavy.

I'll go with GavRedKing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

In order of preference for those nominated

1. Keane2097
    2. Blatter
    3. GavRedKing

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

MisterAnarchy
    im with gav...........obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MisterAnarchy
    Mike65 should be there for his half year of posts, great poster. Gav gets my vote and as much as I challenge LuckyLloyd posts they are generally very well delivered and he is a fair poster.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing
    rob316 wrote: »
    Mike65 should be there for his half year of posts, great poster. Gav gets my vote and as much as I challenge LuckyLloyd posts they are generally very well delivered and he is a fair poster.

So just have Mike/Harry as one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Blatter
    Lord tsc for me but was close between a few.

MB, lloyd, paully d to name a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MisterAnarchy
    CSF wrote: »
    Not familiar with a number of the posters so I guess the voting is fairly superthread heavy.

I'm just making up the numbers. Which is literally my username

MisterAnarchy
    8-10 wrote: »
    I'm just making up the numbers. Which is literally my username

Were like the other 5 best movie nominations at the Oscars lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MisterAnarchy
    Were like the other 5 best movie nominations at the Oscars lol

I'm practicing my polite smile and clap for when Gav's name gets called out (voted for him myself - top poster)

MisterAnarchy
    8-10 wrote: »
    I'm practicing my polite smile and clap for when Gav's name gets called out (voted for him myself - top poster)

Same as, I voted for him for his Fairness above all else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MisterAnarchy

Are they the same guy :confused: Mike left in June, Harry joined in June - looks like they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

MisterAnarchy
    Meant to vote for Paully D, but failed in that simple task and voted for Gav instead. Happy enough with that vote too but apologies to Paully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

8-10
    Close between Lloyd and Blatter for me, went for Lloyd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

LuckyLloyd
    Can ya vote for yourself? :P

• Advertisement

MisterAnarchy
    On a completely unrelated topic Coke & Hookers party at mine tomorrow.

Flannery & Best have confirmed and just wondering would there be much call for the Caffeine Free version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Where did the nominees come from?

MisterAnarchy
    Turtyturd wrote: »

I'm guessing the mods???

I'm guessing the mods???

There was a nomination thread but don't remember most of the names being on it.

Larry Wildman's also missing...he's like the Chris Benoit of the Soccer forum.

8-10
    There was a nomination thread but don't remember most of the names being on it.

Larry Wildman's also missing...he's like the Chris Benoit of the Soccer forum.

Pro F isn't on it either. Would be one of the best posters easily on the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Are they the same guy :confused: Mike left in June, Harry joined in June - looks like they are.

Nah, I only look like him.

GavRedKing
    Nah, I only look like him.

I was talking about Harry Redknapp not you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I find these types of polls cringe worthy. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jay1988

Mars Bar
    Has to be Pighead for me. For both the way he posts and his genuine belief that Dundalk are the greatest team in footballing history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

8-10
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Pro F isn't on it either. Would be one of the best posters easily on the forum

He is too angry though. If you don't agree with him your a fool that doesn't know what you are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MisterAnarchy
    The person I would have voted for isn't there either. I said, would have, because after reading his stuff in the Tim Sherwood thread.

The guy is ridiculed a lot but he puts up a lot of great posts and that person is Andersonisgod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Paully D
    niallo27 wrote: »
    He is too angry though. If you don't agree with him your a fool that doesn't know what you are talking about.

You left out the part where he points out why he thinks you are wrong and goes into detail for his reasoning.

While I don't always agree with everything he says, it's refreshing to see someone have a no nonsense style posting that backs up his convictions with detailed reasoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

8-10
    Went for LL, been around a long time, good posts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

8-10
    I nominated LuckyLloyd though often disagreeing with his preference for heart and effort, so I'll stick with it.

Taken from the nomination thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93831634

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

efb
    I voted for Miralize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Blatter
    I voted for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

MisterAnarchy
    Some bizarre choices here.

I voted for Gav. Good poster even when he has his mod hat on.

dfx- wrote: »
    I nominated LuckyLloyd though often disagreeing with his preference for heart and effort, so I'll stick with it.

Taken from the nomination thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93831634

Cheers dfx...got the categories mixed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

8-10
    Didn't even know I had been nominated for this but cheers for the votes to those who voted for me.

My vote goes to LuckyLloyd. An excellent poster and always good for a well reasoned, thought out debate.
    Meant to vote for Paully D, but failed in that simple task and voted for Gav instead. Happy enough with that vote too but apologies to Paully

We're done! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Pighead
    Don't know why I'm there. AIG is crazy or voting for me ha, but thanks.

I went for Simeone. Good poster in the Soccer forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

8-10
    adox wrote: »
    You left out the part where he points out why he thinks you are wrong and goes into detail for his reasoning.

While I don't always agree with everything he says, it's refreshing to see someone have a no nonsense style posting that backs up his convictions with detailed reasoning.

He is a good poster no doubt. I dont know the bloke so don't want to knock him. Very knowledgable guy but has probably upset too many people to be poster of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

MisterAnarchy
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

MisterAnarchy
    No poll is complete without the mention of RayneWooney..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gav is a good poster who comes across as a decent lad in all of his moderating duties and actions. Worthy winner imo.

icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

8-10
    We need Proportional Representation on this poll instead of a First Past the post system.

My top 2 would be Lucky Lloyd and Gav.

Went for Lloyd as I have more experience with him on the Liverpool thread.

I would probably disagree with 60% of his posts, especially regarding Brendan Rodgers but isn't that the point of a discussion forum. His arguments are well thought out and well argued and unlike many here he's not afraid to admit he was wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There are currently 8 people whom are going to be getting favorable moderations in upcoming weeks :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Blatter
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    There are currently 8 people whom are going to be getting favorable moderations in upcoming weeks :pac:

Time to trollololol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

MisterAnarchy
    I really dislike Gav because I really dislike Chelsea.

But with my rational hat on, he posts on a lot of stuff and always remains impartial and sensible. So he gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

MisterAnarchy
    I voted for Gav, despite his meltdown a few weeks ago in one of the match threads. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

GavRedKing
    I voted PaullyD, always well balanced and knows his stuff.

Gav would have been the other, similar to above and as a mod its good to see he's human and not afraid to pick up a card of his own now and again :pac:

Theres a few others I rate not in the poll, main two being Mickeroo (excellent poster) and Kirby always good and fair for a debate

• Advertisement
Advertisement