Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to be a parent soon

Options
  • 16-02-2015 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I'm going to be a parent come June and I am just wondering if anyone has any tips on we're is best to get the essentials like the cot etc.

And also any tips on what to do when t baby is here or will that come naturally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Congratulations! There's a link at the top of this page to the Pregnancy forum which might suit you. There's a thread for June 2015 mums to be to chat and ask/answer questions. Some on there are already mums and there's a midwife as well so it's a useful place for any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Done deal/ adverts etc are great for buying second hard things (cot, crib, buggy, sterilizer, books, clothes etc).....just get new mattresses for crib/ cot and sheets. You only need basics until your little one arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If getting a cot, get a cot bed instead.
    You'll then be able to take the sides off when the time comes.

If buying second hand, buy a brand new mattress.
    I bought all mine from kiddicare.com in the UK.
    Don't buy a changing table. Waste of money. It will be upstairs and you'll be downstairs with junior most of the day.

We used cloth nappies on number 1 and saved a fortune, disposable on number 2 for an easy life.

As I think of more, I'll add them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Don't buy a changing table. Waste of money. It will be upstairs and you'll be downstairs with junior most of the day.

Confused, why does it have to be upstairs? We, and most of my friends, kept a changing table downstairs as that's where all but the night time nappy changes happen? Granted mightn't be space in some houses but that's a consideration to make before buying one, i wouldn't consider mine a waste of money but i can absolutely see why you would if it had to be kept upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I live in a bungalow so the upstairs/downstairs thing wasn't an issue with the changing table. I still use mine with my 15 month old a lot of the time! Most of my friends kept theirs downstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

A changing table cam with my cot bed so that was handy. Downstairs nappies on a mat or couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

I didnt have a changing table for my first and on my second i did , save your back ! Bending down all the time to change your baby is very bad for your back i found it a godsend ! You can keep everything you need to hand and tidy which makes such a difference

Advertisement