Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet help

Options
  • 16-02-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I need a bit of help.I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to all things technology related.I'm looking at mobile broadband packages and see that there is data caps.Are these caps just for actual physical downloads?As in if I download a song or a film onto my laptop or is this for sum total of data that I view online ie Youtube etc?Furthermore is 60gb of data a lot for someone who plays maybe 9/10 tables of poker online?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It'll be overall data usage. So Downloads / Streaming / Browsing / Gaming / Uploads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Anything that comes through your internet connection would come out of your monthly allowance. 60GB would be fine for a moderate internet user - it would be a bit low if you're fond of downloading films and TV programs though. Normal internet browsing uses hardly any data so I wouldnt worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Poker uses very little, you are not streaming all the graphics like a video, just recieving data that is changed to graphics by your computer.

Advertisement