Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did your binkies from 2014 do?

• 16-02-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just thought at this time of the year we should review a few things and the binkies thread is one of those that its fun to look back at. I think my one was pretty good too. :)

For me a binkie is somebody that is great value and its very rare that you will see me pick somebody who is expected to go high in the first round. That might change this year because I think somebody is going to be a great one.

Anyways my picks last year were,

Binkie: Picked in round 2, pick 36, Derek Carr who I said was imo the best QB in the class. He played the most, had the most yardage and the best td/int ratio. I think he will have a very good career and expect to see him improve as things improve around him.

Super gotta have massive binkie: Picked in round 2, pick 43, Weston Richburg, started 15 games on a bad Giants OL but was praised for his efforts at Center. I said at the time that you'll rarely see me pick a center as a binkie but this guy was just a sure fire to succeed. No doubting after his rookie season that this guy will have a long, successful career.

Extra value binkie: Round 4, pick 118, Martavis Bryant didn't start initially for the Steelers and got his first taste of action in week 7. He ended up with 549 yards and 8 tds over 10 games and I think he is going to do very well for himself next season. I thought he was great value because he wasn't getting rated highly enough due to having been no.2 in college behind Sammy Watkins.

Great story if he makes it binkie: Went undrafted, Brock Coyle fought hard through training camp and made the roster and was a key player on ST's for the Seahawks. He even started two games at MLB due to injuries.

So how did your binkies do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I went for Aaron Donald as my binkie and he had a fantastic year but it's often easy to pick out a big name so I went for Gaines who ended up being drafted in the 3rd by The Chiefs. He was always going to be a developmental corner and wasn't expected to start this year but injuries made him a starter and he was impressive by all accounts and had a solid impact.

He can definitely be a starting corner in the league and can continue to make an impact for the Chiefs. Andy Reid has been impressed with him too by all parts. Particularly when he was up against Sanders and Thomas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bridgewater was my binkie. Very happy with that. The kid is going to be a stud in the league and I'd be delighted about his potential if I were a Vikings fan. I still find it quite unbelievable that he fell as far as he did to be honest.

Value binkie #1 was Terrance West. Drafted at the end of the 3rd round, 94th overall, by the Cleveland Browns. Very inconsistent from what I saw of him and disappointing in the passing game especially considering what he showed of that aspect in college. 673 yards on 171 carries, averaging 3.9 YPC and chipping in with 4 TD's. Probably one that it's worth waiting another season on before deciding either way but I did expect him to have a bit more of an impact at this stage.

Storm Johnson was my value binkie #2. A 7th rounder picked by the Jaguars who spent much of the season inactive despite fans calls for him to get some more involvement. A disappointing pick from myself.

Must do better on this this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Had Bridgewater as well and it looks like a move that will work out for the Vikings.

Aaron Lynch was drafted in the 5th round by the 49ers. Lynch finished his rookie season with 23 tackles, 6 sacks, and 4 passes defensed & it looks like he could be there starting OLB next year. Pretty good value I reckon.

CJ Fiedorowicz was my other value pick & he was drafted in the 3rd round by the Texans. He finished the year with 4 receptions for 28 yards and a TD. Might see more from him next year if they have a bit more under centre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

HigginsJ wrote: »

Aaron Lynch was drafted in the 5th round by the 49ers. Lynch finished his rookie season with 23 tackles, 6 sacks, and 4 passes defensed & it looks like he could be there starting OLB next year. Pretty good value I reckon.

Yeah, he should be starting next year, he had an excellent season, I'd imagine Brooks will be cut and Lynch and Smith will be the starting OLB's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement