Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prevented from moving to another provider by Eircom - is this possible?

Options
  • 16-02-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

[font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]Hi there,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]I spoke to another provider today regarding moving my eFibre service with Eircom to them, however I was advised by the providers' rep that I cannot, as Eircom have initiated a case against all other broadband providers to prevent them from accepting Eircom efibre customers.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]I was dumbstruck, to say the least. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]Eircom, can you provide more insight into what I was told by this other provider please?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]Thanks.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ma11achy wrote: »
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]Hi there,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]I spoke to another provider today regarding moving my eFibre service with Eircom to them, however I was advised by the providers' rep that I cannot, as Eircom have initiated a case against all other broadband providers to prevent them from accepting Eircom efibre customers.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]I was dumbstruck, to say the least. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]Eircom, can you provide more insight into what I was told by this other provider please?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small]Thanks.[/font]
    I am a bit surprised that anyone would say this ma11achy. I can confirm that this is definitely not the case. No provider would be able to "[font=Arial, sans-serif, tinymce-small] initiate a case against all other broadband providers to prevent them from accepting" orders.
    There are rigid regulations around business practices.
    If there is anything we can do to help or offer more info on your own specific case let me know.
    If you do need any info on specific case just DM me your account details.
    Tony
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ma11achy

Hi Tony,

Thanks for confirming this - I just called the provider again (will pass on the providers name over DM) and this time got a different rep.
    This time I was advised that they can accept new customers from Eircom. 

Needless to say, I won't be changing to them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ma11achy wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for confirming this - I just called the provider again (will pass on the providers name over DM) and this time got a different rep.
    This time I was advised that they can accept new customers from Eircom. 

Needless to say, I won't be changing to them.....
    Hi ma11achy
    thanks for coming back on this. Glad that has been sorted, it would be a serious breach of regulation for any company to try that option.
    Tony

Advertisement