Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza Business Franchise Fees Etc..

Options
  • 16-02-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Good Morning,

I am looking at setting up a Pizza / take away business. I am still weighing up the odds between going down the franchise route or the independent route. I have nearly all the info I need on the franchises that are available at the moment but I am trying to get info on Apache Pizza.

Would anyone know the start up costs or franchise fees / royalties etc......

I have heard some complete different stories on the way they charge which is why I would love info from someone that knows the business.

I know some people on here will tell me that Apache pizza is terrible quality and while some branches are being run in a very poor way I have noticed some that are providing good service and are very busy.

Any info greatly appreciated.

I will be contacting the companies I am interested once I have all the research and knowledge I am looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭AsianIrish

I sold a take away to Apache and he is running it very well. I might ask him how much he paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

In my view, Apache have their market share due to being the cheapest, with any pizza for 9.99

Let's be fair here, they're pretty crap, but no better or worse than Dominos, 4 star, mizonni etc. All catering for the somewhat uncultured Irish palette - the overall standard is poor.

There a few quality places around, but they're crazy prices at 18 ish for a large pizza. Plenty of margin for the customers they do get ,but I'd imagine they're not doing a lot of volume.

Now if you can sell proper large Italian pizzas for 10 euro, I think you have a relatively unique offering in the marketplace, and potential to scale it.

Don't give people the same old s*it that's already out there. Naples is the pizza capital of the world so personally I would be researching the best places over there, and making a visit to try and learn about how they're operating (hire a translator to help you)

Research it like you've never researched before, and build something that you can perhaps franchise yourself eventually.

Best of luck.

Well, I sold my business because it was not a franchise but quality of pizza was way better than Apache. But Apache is making huge money in the same business just because of franchise. I would still go for franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Which ever route you choose - franchise or solo, it's not going to be cheap. Any money you save on franchise fees will have to be spent on marketing.

All the good franchise territories may already be taken so you'll have to go wherever's available. Launching on your own means once you find a suitable property, you can go anywhere.

Going solo means you will have to do everything right from the start, there's no one you can go too to learn from their experience in the business.

However, if you do get it right then you may have a franchise opportunity of your own that you can earn from.

I make pizzas that are 10 times better than any franchise. The quality of franchise pizza is appalling. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to make decent food, they're just greedy.

Get a wood fired oven, perfect your dough and most importantly, get a really good designer on board and leaflet drop like crazy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DamienKelly

Thank you to everyone who commented and people who have pm and that I have chatted with. Apprecite all the advise.

• Advertisement

Someone i came to know is selling Appache pizza in cork.

Advertisement