Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Game - starring Samuel L Jackson

• 16-02-2015 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Starring: Samuel L. Jackson, Onni Tommila, Ray Stevenson, Mehmet Kurtulus, Victor Garber, Ted Levine, Felicity Huffman and Jim Broadbent.

Synopsis: Oskari, a timid 13-year-old, anxiously awaits his fate. Tradition dictates that like his forefathers before him, the boy's time has come to spend one day and one night alone in t he wilderness. Armed with a bow and arrow, he must return with a prize to prove himself to be a man. Terrified and alone, he wanders through a vast and unforgiving forest when suddenly he hears a deafening rumbling sound. Racing to investigate, Oskari discovers an escape pod. Not just any escape pod - this pod belongs to Air Force One and the battered and bruised man lying before him is the President of the United States! In the skies above, terrorists are hurtling their way to the crash site hell-bent on kidnapping the President. Now the fate of the most powerful man in the world lies in the hands of a 13-year-old boy. Plunged into a deadly game of cat and mouse with only hours to spare, Oskari and the President must team up to survive the most extraordinary night of their lives.

Man that looks kinda awesome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Man this sucked, I was so disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

cloud493 wrote: »
    Man this sucked, I was so disappointed.

Is it that bad?
    I'd usually never go see a big block buster in the cinema, but this seems to be almost the anti-blockbuster?
    Anyone else enjoy this?
    Seeing as it's mostly a Finnish production with a relatively low budget, I've heard and read some great reviews about for this?
    I guess I'm still not expecting greatness, but some entertainment with a difference would be nice!
    And sometimes you're just in the mood for a bit of Samuel L :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Looks awesome! Like snakes on a plane/Olympus has fallen kind of awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its not like, the worst movie ever made, or the worst I saw this year or this week even, just disappointingly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I kind of liked it. I've seen worse.

Seems to be targeted at teens - the subtitles aren't suitable for the really young, and the lack of violence or any real bite will alienate the adults. If they'd gone a little bit harder (some bad language other than the edited bad language from the trailer, and a few inventive kills), then it could have been elevated above average - the story wasn't bad, just a bit flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

same here.

its got a weird kind of charm to it.

i think it helps that its really a coming of age story between the da and the kid at heart, and jackson isnt a "Bad ass" president ala olympus has fallen/white house down.

i kept trying to think of a quick way to describe it and for some reason all i can think of is "kiddie die hard in the woods"

its spectacularly dumb and cheesy in places but on the whole it works. i chomped the popcorn and laughed where i was supposed to

6/10.

not essential to see by any streatch of the imagination and i cant see me mates going to it , but better than i thought it'd be and would probably be a good film for da's to bring their 10yr olds to.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Went to this the other night, very poor film that as has already been mentioned failed to appeal to any particular audience, avoid.

Advertisement