Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brownies - loaf tin

Options
  • 16-02-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to bake Brownies in a loaf tin instead of a square tin.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

Yes, but a couple of things will happen:
    1) It might overflow
    2) It will take a lot longer, because it's going to be much thicker. You'll need to be careful it doesn't burn and perhaps cover it with foil.
    3) It will be a chocolate cake rather than brownies, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I would have thought, too deep.
    It is sometimes possible to fashion a shallow tin from things you have...
    Grill-pan? roasting tin? Pyrex lid?
    Sometimes portable barbecues come in a heavy foil tray...or you can actually fold and crease a double layer of foil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Not the best plan as it is a recipe not meant to be baked deep, it will most likely sink in middle and be very dense. If that is what you want then that's fine but it won't be like an ordinary chocolate cake. Buy tinfoil containers or lid of a cardboard shoe box works well too if you're stuck, line with tinfoil and baking parchment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I seem to remember doing it successfully quite a few years ago, but it took a really long time to bake. I like my brownies to be chewy and gooey though, so it was fine that the centre was quite soft.

Advertisement