Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mture Student selection process

Options
  • 16-02-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering does anyone have any info on how this works?

So, you have all your interviews/essays completed.
    What happens next? Do the Colleges work through your order of preferences on your CAO application?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

IM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JoeR91

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering does anyone have any info on how this works?

So, you have all your interviews/essays completed.
    What happens next? Do the Colleges work through your order of preferences on your CAO application?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

IM

Hey have you done your interview and entrance exam?? If you have the college will then pick who they want for the course based on how your interview went and your entrance exam. Every college is different some have just interview some have just entrance exam and some have both in the application process. Where did you apply to?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Iomega Man wrote: »
    Hi All,

Do the Colleges work through your order of preferences on your CAO application?

The college communicate to CAO whether they are offering you a place; CAO then offers you whichever is your highest preference.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

In my experience the college will normally inform you within a week or two of your interview whether you've been successful or not; and then you get the "official" offer from the CAO during the first round of offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

So I'm assuming all Irish Universities have to Interview Mature Students?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

They don't have to; but i would be surprised if a university would take on a mature student without at least a phone interview of some description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

Mature Offers are normally issued in early July of each year in order to give them the maximum amount of time before the college year starts.

If an applicants is eligible for a course and has more than enough points in their leaving cert, the Institution may not call them for an Interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

In my experience, there was no interview. The combination of the MSAP exam and the CAO application essay sufficed. Amongst my mature student peers, it seems to have been a pretty common experience for UCD mature entrants.

Advertisement