Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Midterm break too lads. I bet the lads throwing sh**e around the place went on a mad weekend bender after finishing the Junior Cert mocks. How dare they. Waste of taxpayers money etc etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ratracer wrote: »
    Do you think would the ambulance service be busier with drunk students or peeps falling off their high horses??
    The jewellers will have a payday from all the clutched pearls.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

Intifada wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they started up there and made their way down, isn't that how most of this behaviour goes? Like I said I've nothing against students having a bit of fun but it should be kept out of town and maybe reduced to 1 night or something. Where are they getting the money for it is what I want to know.

Many students have part-time jobs to fund college fees, accommodation and food.

Terrible that some have a bit extra for a night out... /s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Joe, they're ganging up on the poor defenceless innocent students who are all in the library, its terrible!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I wouldn't be surprised if they started up there and made their way down, isn't that how most of this behaviour goes? Like I said I've nothing against students having a bit of fun but it should be kept out of town and maybe reduced to 1 night or something. Where are they getting the money for it is what I want to know.

Oh FFS are you actually serious?

Those students are robbing the poor tax payers like yourself I bet...it's terrible Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

And what if I or someone else had been hit by a stray piece of it? Caught in the crossfire. You're telling me the college wouldn't be interested? As a citizen and tax payer what form of recourse have I? I shouted at them a bit and heard some smart-arse retort encouring me to call the 'poolice' but would the gardai even care? Probably too busy arrested water protestors!!

Sh1t happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I can't believe what I've just seen. Walking through town by Woodquay and saw two students one at least 20 years of age, throwing dog faeces at another. Is this what our taxes pay for? Now don't get me wrong I'm all for a bit of fun and I've no problem with dogs, but throwing poo (excuse my french) at one another? Ridiculous carry on and I will be writing to the college mark my words.

How do you know they were students or which college they go to? Rag week attracts people to the city as well. You might as well said a message to the county council over someone not picking up after their dog for all the good it will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

d39ad4b1d24f610a1fb6bc80df24bac2879983a0152bd0a11599c200779caffa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

I'm pretty sure I saw the incident that Initfada is referring to, but the perpetrators definitely weren't students. It was two fellas from that Novena shower on their way to the cathedral. Causing havoc as per usual.

Can they not go about their celebrations without dragging the whole town down with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Robbo wrote: »
    The jewellers will have a payday from all the clutched pearls.

Not sure if I get that, but if it's what I think, it's worth the stretch no?

I wish we could award an bottle of buckfast in addition to the thanks button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Photo of Donegal Tuesday I took at 09.30 this morning.
    10959530_956756274368499_4512367396607943010_n.jpg?oh=221235a41e055edce2b0e11e94231164&oe=55531CE8&__gda__=1431182046_70a8db96b0cc9ecef9dba5a91e901a76

The queue stretched all the way back to Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

It was just around the corner from there the incident happened

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Donegal Tuesday is vital to Galway's economy and must be nurtured and protected.

The hysteria industry relies on days like this to keep them going during the quiet times of the year.

They must do good pancakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Nice bit of totty all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,661 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lockstep wrote: »
    Photo of Donegal Tuesday I took at 09.30 this morning.

The queue stretched all the way back to Eddie Rockets.

Look at the state of that queue! How dare they queue in an orderly fashion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

FitzShane wrote: »
    Look at the state of that queue! How dare they queue in an orderly fashion!

What's the queue for?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

cocoman wrote: »
    What's the queue for?

Galway's most-aptly-named pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Galway's most-aptly-named pub.

Faheys

cocoman wrote: »
    What's the queue for?

Queue for a pub just up the road.

Either that or for the taxi office, their buses may have broken down. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Can anyone explain the origins of Donegal Tuesday?

As a Donegal man myself, I'd at least like to understand what I've been branded with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Can anyone explain the origins of Donegal Tuesday?

As a Donegal man myself, I'd at least like to understand what I've been branded with.

AFAIK it was a few Donegal students that organised it first and the "theme" was to wear the Donegal colours.

antoobrien wrote: »
    AFAIK it was a few Donegal students that organised it first and the "theme" was to wear the Donegal colours.

So the origins seem fairly harmless....any idea if The Hole In The Wall apply for an early license just for the day?

The Greek bailout talks have broken down but Donegal Tuesday makes a headline on independent.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

So the origins seem fairly harmless....any idea if The Hole In The Wall apply for an early license just for the day?
    They didn't start serving until half 10 AFAIK so probably wouldn't have had to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I just don't get it.
    There's no drink promotions going on in the hole so what's the big deal?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The only way to kill Donegal Tuesday is to have a referendum on it. Their natural instinct is to vote No.

Caliden wrote: »
    I just don't get it.

It's a great pub with great craic for students. Nice big open area outside too and it seems like a decent day outside.

That, and a jukebox. Jukeboxes are great.

Where are they getting the money for it is what I want to know.

Why are you so worried about students finances?

Just as a matter of interest I always had money in college. Worked 4 months every summer, worked Fridays and Saturdays during term and worked during Christmas while my parents would also help me out if needed (never got a grant etc). I also lived at home so lunch, petrol, tax, insurance and nights out were my only significant expenses and always had the funds for a full week on the tear for rag week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Caliden wrote: »
    I just don't get it.

Willing to Serve Students in GAA Jerseys

Advertisement