Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skype trouble any help appreciated

Options
  • 16-02-2015 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

hey

so i use skype to chat family and friends and swap pics and video cal with them , Its great up untill i downloaded the latest update and now i cant swap files or pics with them nor can they send to me everytime we try it just comes up as a blank grey box and says ''photo unavailable or file unavailable '' i have tryed uninstalling it and re installing it a few times and nothing changed i would love to have the skype i had before i upgraded as it worked perfectaly .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

I would imagine that if you were to run system restore to a point just before you upgraded Skype it should work as effectively, you would be working with the older version of Skype. System restore does not impact on data files so you will be fine for any MS Office and Outlook files etc. It would be a good idea to take a backup of the system before you run System Restore in case you experiece any loss of data etc., but from previous experience it is a reasonably safe tool to use and in any event, you can always reverse the position. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You can also download all the older versions of Skype HERE:

You can turn off automatic updates under Tools>Options>Advanced.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement