Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Removed from the Irish Credit Bureau List

Options
  • 16-02-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Dear Sir / Madam,

My wife and I are applying for a mortgage but have been refused on the basis of 2 missed credit cards payments on an old credit card my wife had. The payments were missed in 2010 when she was travelling in Australia and the outstanding credit card bill was settled IN FULL in 2011. The item is due to be removed from the ICB list on November 2015 but she has been trying to make representations to have it removed earlier as it is still causing us difficulties with regard to her credit rating and our mortgage application.

She tried to contact her branch today but ended up speaking to the generic customer services department where the call taker told her there was nothing she could do with regard to removing her name from the ICB list. My wife then asked if she could speak to a Supervisor to appeal the matter further and she was placed on hold. At that point she was simply transferred through to the Irish Credit Bureau themselves who have no authority to remove people from the ICB list, this must be done by the lender or the bank in question. In any event, it is not even possible to speak to a human being in the ICB as all you are presented with is automated menu's and a facility to leave a recorded message.

Can you please advise who my wife should talk to in order to discuss this matter further as the call taker today was unhelpful and not overly polite.

Many thanks,

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

SmithsFan wrote: »
    Dear Sir / Madam,

My wife and I are applying for a mortgage but have been refused on the basis of 2 missed credit cards payments on an old credit card my wife had. The payments were missed in 2010 when she was travelling in Australia and the outstanding credit card bill was settled IN FULL in 2011. The item is due to be removed from the ICB list on November 2015 but she has been trying to make representations to have it removed earlier as it is still causing us difficulties with regard to her credit rating and our mortgage application.

She tried to contact her branch today but ended up speaking to the generic customer services department where the call taker told her there was nothing she could do with regard to removing her name from the ICB list. My wife then asked if she could speak to a Supervisor to appeal the matter further and she was placed on hold. At that point she was simply transferred through to the Irish Credit Bureau themselves who have no authority to remove people from the ICB list, this must be done by the lender or the bank in question. In any event, it is not even possible to speak to a human being in the ICB as all you are presented with is automated menu's and a facility to leave a recorded message.

Can you please advise who my wife should talk to in order to discuss this matter further as the call taker today was unhelpful and not overly polite.

Many thanks,

D
    Hi SmithsFan, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult time trying to get through to your branch to discuss this.

Please send a PM with you full name, branch and phone number and we'll request an Advisor in your branch to contact you in connection with this.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SmithsFan

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks,

D
    Hi SmithsFan, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult time trying to get through to your branch to discuss this.

Please send a PM with you full name, branch and phone number and we'll request an Advisor in your branch to contact you in connection with this.

Janette
    Hi Janet,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I tried sending a PM there but it says that your account is not receiving private messages.........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks,

D
    Hi SmithsFan, 

Thanks for your post.

Janette
    Hi Janet,

I tried sending a PM there but it says that your account is not receiving private messages.........................
    Hi Smithsfan, please ensure you have signatures set to display in your Boards settings and you should be able to send a PM.

Thanks

Billy

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks,

D
    Hi SmithsFan, 

Thanks for your post.

Janette
    Hi Janet,

Hi Smithsfan, please ensure you have signatures set to display in your Boards settings and you should be able to send a PM.

Thanks

Billy
    Did all that, still wouldn't let me send it. Sent the mail to "Bank of Ireland Reps" in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi SmithsFan, 

If you click on your username in the top right corner and then go to Control Panel and finally Edit Options. There, you will then need to make sure you have 'Enable Private Messaging ticked, as well as Show Signatures. 

Once this is done, it should allow you to PM us. If not, please let us know here and we will arrange an alternative. 

Looking for to hearing from you. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement

Elaine / Janette / Anybody in BOI,

I was assured that the contract details which I provided for my wife were forwarded on to her bank last Tuesday but she has yet to receive any contact from them. Today is the 5th working day since they received the information. How difficult can it be to do something as simple as get a call from your bank branch??

D

Hi SmithsFan, 

If you click on your username in the top right corner and then go to Control Panel and finally Edit Options. There, you will then need to make sure you have 'Enable Private Messaging ticked, as well as Show Signatures. 

Once this is done, it should allow you to PM us. If not, please let us know here and we will arrange an alternative. 

Looking for to hearing from you. 

Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi SmithsFan, 

Apologies for the delay in contacting you. 

We have been assured that the branch will be in contact today to discuss this matter further. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement