Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overestimated reading on house I no longer occupy

Options
  • 16-02-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I moved house last year but I am keeping open my account on the previous property for the moment. There are some repair works ongoing but very little electricity being used at present as these works are sporadic at best. The last 2 bills have been estimated - and the usage figures are way over what has been used or will be used in the coming months. Is there any way to refund the overestimated units? 

*edit - I've just noticed that my last 2 bills in our new house are large underestimations. Is there any way to transfer the units from 1 account to the other?

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Beef,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have only just received an over-estimated bill that is not yet paid, we can replace it with a bill based on actual usage if you provide us with a meter-reading. Or if you have paid it, we can still take a meter-reading to bring the balance up to date. Then we will be able to see whether the account is in credit.

It would be possible to transfer an overpayment/credit, rather than units, to another account.

If you private message us the account number of the vacant property, and the address, telephone number and your name in full, along with the meter-reading, we can assist you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Hi Beef,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have only just received an over-estimated bill that is not paid yet, we can replace it with a bill based on actual usage if you provide us with a mater-reading. Or if you have paid it, we can still take a meter-reading to bring the balance up to date. Then we will be able to see whether the account is in credit.

It would be possible to transfer an overpayment/credit to another account rather than units.

If you private message us the account number of the vacant property and the address, telephone number and your name in full, along with the meter-reading, we can assist you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una, PM sent. 

Advertisement