Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball Ireland Strategic Plans

Options
  • 16-02-2015 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am looking as assess Basketball Ireland's past strategic plans and cant seem to find any of their old plans! If anyone could help me out in where to locate the others it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You're going on the assumption that they actually had any.

Probably best to contact them directly. http://basketballireland.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=322:staff-list&catid=41:slideshow-about-us&Itemid=85

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SheenaC

very true, I need to find at least one Irish sport organisation with strategic plans! Ridiculous that they may not even have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Surely a pisstake? Your asking if BI had any strategic plans? Well apart from the plan to bankrupt the organisation, the discontinuing of our senior men's and womens teams, being banned from receiving state funding for 5 years and ordered to repay €124,000 in grant money which was misappropriated I'd say not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cortez22

buyer95 wrote: »
    Surely a pisstake? Your asking if BI had any strategic plans? Well apart from the plan to bankrupt the organisation, the discontinuing of our senior men's and womens teams, being banned from receiving state funding for 5 years and ordered to repay €124,000 in grant money which was misappropriated I'd say not.

Not to mention their plan to try and monopolise the game in Ireland by recently quietly drafting in a draconian 'bye-law' which threatens anyone who plays basketball not under the 'BI umbrella'.. A scare tactic to try and reel back in the growing number of clubs that have left them due to extortionate fees and bad judgements. Crazy stuff going on...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just a warning when posting in this thread. Please don't name anyone/any organisations. I'll be taking swift action if that's done as boards would be libel for the accusations being posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I was wondering if there was anywhere I can look at Basketball Ireland's financials for the last few years?
    A decision was made to continue with all our internationals having to self fund to represent our country. Now I know BI is not a huge money making association but surely they can help subsidise them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 E.Scifo

killwill wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging up an old thread but I was wondering if there was anywhere I can look at Basketball Ireland's financials for the last few years?
    A decision was made to continue with all our internationals having to self fund to represent our country. Now I know BI is not a huge money making association but surely they can help subsidise them?

Go to basketballireland.ie and click on 'about' at the top of the screen which will show you the 2015 annual report. It will give you on pages 13 + 14 a financial report from 2007 to 2015.

Advertisement