Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winstars sata dard drive docking station

Options
  • 16-02-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi All
    I have a docking station that i bought a while ago and it never really worked, i connect it to my computer but i find that it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the time with the hard drive plugged in to it which defeats the purpose !. i have checked the cable and changed usb port and even checked that usb was not going into sleep mode in the power management. does the same for 2.5 and 3.5 disks. even different models, still the same. i use windows seven.
    is it just a crap dock?. got it for 40 euro in Maplins.or is there a fault in the dock unit ?.
    any help would be great?Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

If its the same on a second PC/laptop then return it to Maplin.

Why someone would pay €40 for a docking station is beyond me. You can pick one up on ebay/amazon for less than a fiver!

FYI: Next time, go to Maplin, see what you want to buy then buy it online probably for 70% less than they would charge for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i lovewine

Thanks davo2001
    will take your advice, was not well up on docking stations and was struck when i got it, but has given trouble since then and i was not sure if i was doing anything wrong. same with laptop so must be a bad unit , will return

Advertisement