Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Total Fitness Gym - Clarehall/Malahide Road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Europe’s number one pet retailer Maxi Zoo is set to open its eighteenth Irish store at Clarehall Retail Park in Malahide in north Dublin. The new 800 square foot store, owned by Cork couple Tony and Alice Cross, opens to the public on Thursday 14th April 2016 with the creation of 15 new jobs. - See more at: http://www.maxizoo.ie/maxi-zoo-to-open-eighteenth-store-in-clarehall-malahide/#.dpuf

http://www.maxizoo.ie/maxi-zoo-to-open-eighteenth-store-in-clarehall-malahide/

family-fun-day-clarehall.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Looks like they're setting up some sort of bargain store next to it as well, star buys or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Looks grim but at least we'll be able to buy crocodiles by the looks of the flyer!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

is that an irish steve irwin

That star buys place is opening today at some stage. Maxi Zoos already opened but if you want to bring kids in to see little fluffy bunnys, goldfish and other animals forget it they dont have any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I was in Maxi Zoo last weekend. I think it's better than their other store in Clearwater. I'll probably shop there for pet stuff from now on.
    They were doing 25% off last weekend and giving 10% vouchers so that helped! :P

I see Elverys in the main shopping centre in Clare Hall has closed down and moved out. 2 big units at that end of the centre now vacant.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

neris wrote: »
    I see Elverys in the main shopping centre in Clare Hall has closed down and moved out. 2 big units at that end of the centre now vacant.

Noticed that too. Shame really, that Elverys was very handy. In fairness the whole shopping area Tesco/Ex-Total fitness is just one big Meh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

There's nothing great in that centre anymore, it's gonna turn into another Donaghmede SC which has lost about 5 shops downstairs at the Grange road entrance. Place used to be grim before but now............

Stimpyone wrote: »
    Noticed that too. Shame really, that Elverys was very handy. In fairness the whole shopping area Tesco/Ex-Total fitness is just one big Meh.....

theres nothing in it except tesco. the post office is useless coz its always full of people collecting social welfare, the €2 store & butcher are the same as every other €2 store and butcher. how the jeweler and optician are surviving there is a miracle if they are actually keeping their heads above water

• Advertisement

There's that wee cafe and Gamestop as well. And KFC. Right?

*insert cricket noises*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭bren2001

Well the "wee cafe" is Kays and its usually busy enough anytime I am there.

Theres also Book Haven, a hair dressers, a barbers, 2 phone shops (carphone warehouse and eir), the evap thingy, a weird home store place, a place to print pictures, Holland & Barretts and a pharmacy.

I don't know what people here expect to be in this centre. Its a local hub to collect most of what you need in your daily life. You can do your weekly shop and grab other things meaning you don't have to go to other shops. Clarehall is fine imo. The bloody new stores at Total Fitness are weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

Has anyone been to Star Buys? Any good? Can't seem to find anything online about the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Has anyone been to Star Buys? Any good? Can't seem to find anything online about the store.

Full of cheap crap, as you might expect.

its like a giant €2 store with the same tat and slightly more expensive tat

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭asark

relatively new to the area - is there any private pool in the area. Currently have to drive up to Santry Ben Dunne Gym Northwood

asark wrote: »
    relatively new to the area - is there any private pool in the area. Currently have to drive up to Santry Ben Dunne Gym Northwood

Malahide is the closest private pool I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Marine Hotel in Sutton

http://marinehotel.ie/leisure-centre-dublin/

PSLC in Portmarnock

http://pslc.ie/

What about the swimming pool in Holy Trinity?
    It's on the hole in wall road

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

New gym opening up

http://www.f4l.com/clarehall

I assume its upstairs and the entrance is the one at the back. This is great news, I was gutted when flyefit was burnt down.

Also heard there's a Starbucks opening up.

• Advertisement

Bit of good news, still think they could have done so much more with it, Eddie Rockets is doing the business but the other stores that are there (apart from Maxi Zoo) are terrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Stimpyone wrote: »
    New gym opening up

http://www.f4l.com/clarehall

I assume its upstairs and the entrance is the one at the back. This is great news, I was gutted when flyefit was burnt down.

Also heard there's a Starbucks opening up.

"Voted Best Budget Chain 2014 by our members"

Lol'd at that!!

Hopefully it'll fill the gap flyefit's left behind :)

See the vacant unit Between the tanning shop and maxi zoo has a Starbucks sign up over the door but still in its wrapping

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

See the vacant unit Between the tanning shop and maxi zoo has a Starbucks sign up over the door but still in its wrapping
    It's open this morning, wonder if they actually applied for planning permission

joe stodge wrote: »

wouldnt be surprised of they didnt as that seems to be the way they operate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Starbucks, yuck

Can't see them doing too well in that location

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

imme wrote: »
    Starbucks, yuck

Can't see them doing too well in that location
    Why wouldn't they do well?  The Tesco is always busy and a lot of people drink coffee!

Easons are openning in clare hall. Must be the old elverys unit. Probably be the end of the little book shop that's there already

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/eason-starts-new-chapter-with-dublin-store-in-clare-hall-1.2951288

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭bren2001

Easons are openning in clare hall. Must be the old elverys unit. Probably be the end of the little book shop that's there already

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/eason-starts-new-chapter-with-dublin-store-in-clare-hall-1.2951288

Not necessarily, the Wise Owl are mainly school books and supplies. Don't see Easons competing on that front in Clarehall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

CPSW wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they do well?  The Tesco is always busy and a lot of people drink coffee!

looks like a small unit, is far from shopping centre, beside a tanning shop

just imo

Advertisement