Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Total Fitness Gym - Clarehall/Malahide Road

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Another supermacs closer than the one up near Bewleys or whatever that is? Where?

Yeah there is one there too but I was thinking it was another KFC going in there which would have been ridiculous given there's one in clarehall and now north side :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

markc91 wrote: »
    Yeah there is one there too but I was thinking it was another KFC going in there which would have been ridiculous given there's one in clarehall and now north side :rolleyes:

Is there not a big mcdonalds there already?

Is there not a big mcdonalds there already?

There is Yeah that's why I'm suprised supermacs would be allowed there

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see the unit to the right of Star Buys has been turned in to a Dealz store, I'd say opening very soon as signage is up and graphics on the windows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I had to go to the NDLS in Clarehall a few weeks ago and was surprised with the amount of fat kids everywhere, it's sad really. Supermacs, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, all within meters of each other around there, I'm sensing there may be a link here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I see the unit to the right of Star Buys has been turned in to a Dealz store, I'd say opening very soon as signage is up and graphics on the windows.

just what was needed, another tacky discount store to add to the 2 that are already there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I saw that yesterday, bit odd to place it right next to star buys I thought.

See Aldi have had planning permission rejected for a new store beside clare hall

http://m.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/tesco-puts-brakes-on-latest-aldi-expansion-36092470.html

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

I know we have an Aldi further up in Coolock but I'd really like to see one in the Malahide road aswell, the only reason I can think that they blocked this was due to traffic concerns and not some other bullsh1t reason about not fitting in with the local area because they had no problem granting planning permission for a new Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Buckfast W wrote: »
    I know we have an Aldi further up in Coolock but I'd really like to see one in the Malahide road aswell, the only reason I can think that they blocked this was due to traffic concerns and not some other bullsh1t reason about not fitting in with the local area because they had no problem granting planning permission for a new Supermacs.

Was there not meant to be a SuperValu (Superquinn at the time!) going into Clongriffin? Pity Aldi dont go in there?

• Advertisement

was talk of superquinn going in to the big building near the train station back years. though there were meant to be hotels and cinemas aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

This was about 10 years ago. When the estate was new.

This was about 10 years ago. When the estate was new.

and there was the mosque more recently :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

neris wrote: »
    and there was the mosque more recently :D

That was ridiculous tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

neris wrote:
    was talk of superquinn going in to the big building near the train station back years. though there were meant to be hotels and cinemas aswell.

The hotel got planning permission back in May.

See there's a Costa coffee going into the retail park up at Lidl. So Costa down in Odeon, McDonald's and suprmacs up at lidl and then starmuck and kfc in Clare hall. Really spoiled for choice if ****e coffee and foods your thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

neris wrote: »
    See there's a Costa coffee going into the retail park up at Lidl. So Costa down in Odeon, McDonald's and suprmacs up at lidl and then starmuck and kfc in Clare hall. Really spoiled for choice if ****e coffee and foods your thing

Welcome to Dublin. Where disgusting food and franchises are what people want.

There are 2 costa coffees and 2 starbucks in the Blanchardstown center ffs. Add to this 2 Mcdonalds, 2 KFC's, Burger King, Nandos and other rubbish

Look at Cork, real food markets and proper food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

RasTa wrote: »
    Welcome to Dublin. Where disgusting food and franchises are what people want.

There are 2 costa coffees and 2 starbucks in the Blanchardstown center ffs. Add to this 2 Mcdonalds, 2 KFC's, Burger King, Nandos and other rubbish

Look at Cork, real food markets and proper food.

Oh, so there's no McDs, or crappy high street coffee chain in Cork? :rolleyes:
    I think you'll find most retail shopping centre / districts will be full of highstreet food and drink offerings like these as they are probably the only ones to afford the rent.
    I think this proves my point:
    http://mahonpointsc.ie/dine/
    KFC / Starbucks / Nandos / McDs etc... ;)
    It's not just a Dublin thing...

Any idea what's being built across from supermacs beside woodies on the malahide road?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

markc91 wrote: »
    Any idea what's being built across from supermacs beside woodies on the malahide road?

Afaik Costa but not 100% sure :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I heard the same!

Jesus with one across in the cinema :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Anyone have any idea what's happening on the Clare hall road from the roundabout to Northerncross? There's a survey company around the last few days marking the road and the footpath.

maybe planning for road markings

anyone know what the big new industrial looking building is behind the gaa club on the n32/r139? it was only built recently but seems to be in a remote location

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

RasTa wrote: »

There are 2 costa coffees and 2 starbucks in the Blanchardstown center ffs.

It's worse than that - 4 of the at last count - Odeon, Downstairs, Pavillion (opp Bus Stops) and Leisureplex - the last one combines Starbucks pricing but flouts brand standards, topped off with indifferent service.

Advertisement