Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card replaced w/student card but I'm not a student anymore?

Options
  • 16-02-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm living in Sweden but was home in Dublin two weeks ago for a few days. While I was there, my card started registering as 'faulty' in BOI atms. 

I called BOI the next day and the guy I was talking to was lovely and very helpful. I told him about my living in Sweden and asked if that might be an issue but he said no.
    He checked my account and said that there were no flags so it must've been a case of the chip getting worn down. He told me that he would send out a replacement free of charge for the inconvenience.

The card came to my Irish address and my Mum sent it on to me (it arrived today). The only problem is, it says that it's a Student Debit card. I graduated in 2013 and have been using my BOI account since then.

Will the Student debit card still work for me? Or do I need to order a new one?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi ponel82, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us and welcome to Boards.ie.

When you order a replacement card the same card type would be issued. To clarify this further, it would be best to contact our BOI Direct team on +353 1404 4000 as we do not have account access here. When you call, a representative will be more than happy to investigate this for you.  

Alternatively, if you are registered for 365Online, you can submit this query via the Online Service Desk. 

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding the customer service you received and we will ensure to pass this onto our 365 Team. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement