Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothing store in Galway

• 16-02-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone could recommend some popular independent clothing stores in Galway City? Preferable ones that sell casual clothing to men and women in their 20's! Something new and would be quite hip at the moment would be perfect.

Not your usual, H&M, Topman but something owner operated.

Thinking in lines of Raglan in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You could check out Born in Newtownsmith but I'm not sure it fits the description of 'hip'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,145 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Or for totally the opposite definition of "hip", Kem Bali is just up the road. Definitely owner operated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Or for totally the opposite definition of "hip", Kem Bali is just up the road. Definitely owner operated.

More hippy than hip.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Delicia

Ryans. Ask for Anthony

Delicia wrote: »
    Ryans. Ask for Anthony

Think the OP was looking for something hip, as in cool or on trend, not a hip replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From Galway to a more serious forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 General.Tee

Ye - not sure any of these suggestions were the type of store I was looking for! Thanks for the suggestions though.

Was definitely looking for hip, as in cool or on trend, not a hip replacement!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Ye - not sure any of these suggestions were the type of store I was looking for! Thanks for the suggestions though.

Was definitely looking for hip, as in cool or on trend, not a hip replacement!!

BTs have some pretty cool stuff at the moment.

New Look also..but you said you didn't want somewhere like Topshop? Topshop are very on trend but you've ruled them out?

Born have some nice things that are certainly on trend.

You could try Mexx, which also has French Connection...?

There aren't really any trendy boutiques that I can think of in Galway. What about Don't call me Dear, which is second hand...near Mill St. Garda Stn? It's kind of high quality clothing as opposed to flea market stuff!

There's a REALLY nice boutique in Salthill...I've only ever passed the window but their stuff is fab...it's beside O'Connors bakery.

If you ventured to some larger towns that haven't yet become clones of the British high street, you might find more boutique-y type places that you are looking for.

Or you could always try All Saints online as their stuff is very cool. They also have an outlet in the Kildare Village.

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone could recommend some popular independent clothing stores in Galway City? Preferable ones that sell casual clothing to men and women in their 20's! Something new and would be quite hip at the moment would be perfect.

Not your usual, H&M, Topman but something owner operated.

Thinking in lines of Raglan in Dublin

Edit: I've seen your other posts and its obviously a market research/competition type question so no point giving suggestions really.

Edit: I've seen your other posts and its obviously a market research/competition type question so no point giving suggestions really.

Hi Ben,

Yes it would be a market research type question. I am currently looking for shops in the Galway area that are independently owned and as I am not from the area I was looking for some advise!

I see no point to your comment! Is this not a place where one can go for advise? I didnt think it was too much to ask for the names of some popular shops in the area but thanks for the help!

• Advertisement

Hi Ben,

Yes it would be a market research type question. I am currently looking for shops in the Galway area that are independently owned and as I am not from the area I was looking for some advise!

I see no point to your comment! Is this not a place where one can go for advise? I didnt think it was too much to ask for the names of some popular shops in the area but thanks for the help!

Galwaygirlee: Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. Will look into a few of the names you have suggested.

Ye I wasnt looking for a big brand clothing store. More of an Independent shop that sold various brands. Not to worry though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@General.Tee - are you asking this question because you want to find a shop to shop in, or because you want to assess potential competitors?

In general Boards posters do not like being used, so a bit of honesty would be good here.

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    @General.Tee - are you asking this question because you want to find a shop to shop in, or because you want to assess potential competitors?

In general Boards posters do not like being used, so a bit of honesty would be good here.

dudara

Its not to assess potential competitors no, I am actually looking for Irish owned clothing shops to sell my products in.

Thought this would be a good place to get some feedback of shops in the city before I travelled down. Didn't think it would be that much of an issue.

Its not to assess potential competitors no, I am actually looking for Irish owned clothing shops to sell my products in.

Thought this would be a good place to get some feedback of shops in the city before I travelled down. Didn't think it would be that much of an issue.

Why not just say that then in your first post, rather than asking about where one could buy clothes? Deliberately misleading.

Advertisement