Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skills assessment

• 16-02-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

So I'm currently in Canada working as a pipelayer, or drainer as they say in Australia. Now the immigration hasn't gone quite to plan over here and getting PR is looking unlikely. Pipelayer isn't a recognized trade over here and has no qualification. It is however in Australia and is on the SOL list.

I was thinking I could get the ball rolling on getting my skills assessed for Australia. What would I need to do this? I have 2 and a half years experience over here, what kind of paperwork would I need to prove this? Has anyone gone through the process? How is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
    In Australia:
    AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

In New Zealand:
    NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
    Registration or licensing is required.
    Fromhttps://www.acacia-au.com/anzsco/334113.php

http://www.vetassess.com.au/Skills-Assessment-for-Migration/Trade-Occupations
    "Drainer" isn't on there, it comes under the plumber category, a cert III in wouldn't be too hard to get done, most of it should be covered by Recognition of Prior Learning, but I'm not sure whether you can get over here to get an Training Organization to put you through it legitimately or whether it would be on the dodgy.
    It would save all the messing around with VETASSESS trying to get Canadian or Irish experience recognized. The Vetassess process can be very drawn out, and there is a possibility that it could be removed from the SOL list by the time you've gotten it all done.

Advertisement