Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage transfer to new house.

Options
  • 16-02-2015 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

I've a mortgage with 23 yrs left for 290k.
    I've that house up for sale for 490k.

I recently started up my own company so won't get another mortgage to cover a new house 325k. My wife's income of 35k won't cover her to apply solo.

Can i sell my house and transfer the existing mortgage to the new house and use the excess to pay a lump off?

Or do I have to clear that mortgage and reapply for the new house? Which I know I won't get clearance for..

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

I've a mortgage with 23 yrs left for 290k.
    I've that house up for sale for 490k.

I recently started up my own company so won't get another mortgage to cover a new house 325k. My wife's income of 35k won't cover her to apply solo.

Can i sell my house and transfer the existing mortgage to the new house and use the excess to pay a lump off?

Or do I have to clear that mortgage and reapply for the new house? Which I know I won't get clearance for..

Cheers.
    Hi Into The Blue,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

It would be best to discuss your requirements with one of our qualified mortgage advisers. You can arrange a meeting or request a call back here.

Alternatively, if you call 0818 200 339 (8am-8pm Mon – Fri) to speak to one of our advisers they will be happy to discuss this further with you.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement