Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPad Air charge barely lasting 2 hours

• 16-02-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

I have my iPad Air tablet just over a year now and Im a bit of a technophobe so if anyone has any constructive suggestions I would like to hear them. Basically I seem to have to charge the tablet for nearly 12 hours just to get it up to 100% whereas before it only took 3-4 hours to hit full battery,then when i turn it on, Im constantly bombarded by windows saying "Cannot access icloud" or "Please sign into iCloud" and these pop up almost every minute, I have to hit cancel to make them vanish.

Im not sure is there something in the settings thats making this iCloud box pop up every 2 seconds and thats whats draining the battery or is it something else (i did back up the iPad to my laptop a few months ago, might be a link?), but its getting extremely frustrating trying to use it for photos or games and the battery basically draining before my eyes. Assuming its not a flat battery after only a year, is there anything in the settings or related to iCloud that may be causing this??

P.S Its not the charger, I charge my iPhone with the same one, works fine.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have my iPad Air tablet just over a year now and Im a bit of a technophobe so if anyone has any constructive suggestions I would like to hear them. Basically I seem to have to charge the tablet for nearly 12 hours just to get it up to 100% whereas before it only took 3-4 hours to hit full battery,then when i turn it on, Im constantly bombarded by windows saying "Cannot access icloud" or "Please sign into iCloud" and these pop up almost every minute, I have to hit cancel to make them vanish.

Im not sure is there something in the settings thats making this iCloud box pop up every 2 seconds and thats whats draining the battery or is it something else (i did back up the iPad to my laptop a few months ago, might be a link?), but its getting extremely frustrating trying to use it for photos or games and the battery basically draining before my eyes. Assuming its not a flat battery after only a year, is there anything in the settings or related to iCloud that may be causing this??

P.S Its not the charger, I charge my iPhone with the same one, works fine.

I don't think the iPhone chargers charge the iPad fast enough. You may be better using the iPad charger to charge both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

If your using the phone charger and not the one that came with the iPad it will charge it slower because of the lower voltage on the phone charger. Why not just sign back into iCloud too?

Advertisement