Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWVS Major Price Hikes?

Options
  • 16-02-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

So my mate asked me to spec up a machine for him today and having a rough idea in my head I went to hardwareversand as usual expecting the prices to be around the same that they were a few weeks ago.
    Nice to see they have a new layout that shows the manufacturers logo on the item but what happened to there prices? Everything has gone up about €20 or more especially processors.
    A basic line i5 went from €160 to €185 and a 8320 from €120 to €144, did I miss something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Euro has tanked recently vs the dollar and the majority of PC component manufacturer's price in dollars ergo a rise in Euro prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

banie01 wrote: »
    Euro has tanked recently vs the dollar and the majority of PC component manufacturer's price in dollars ergo a rise in Euro prices.

Yes, the euro has crashed against usd but importantly also against gbp which means UK prices are now very expensive. HWVS will still be cheaper than uk retailers due to unfavourable exchange rates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

So my mate asked me to spec up a machine for him today and having a rough idea in my head I went to hardwareversand as usual expecting the prices to be around the same that they were a few weeks ago.
    Nice to see they have a new layout that shows the manufacturers logo on the item but what happened to there prices? Everything has gone up about €20 or more especially processors.
    A basic line i5 went from €160 to €185 and a 8320 from €120 to €144, did I miss something?

Yeah sucks. Can claw back some with geizhals.De but across the board prices rose. Processor seems to have gotten the worst of it.

Advertisement