Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Clubs Day

• 16-02-2015 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Im just trying to gauge the mood for a 'National Clubs Day'.
    The idea would be to select a date where every sports club in the country have an open day to attract beginners/new members.
    Kind of like the Get Inspired initiative on the BBC website, except this one would be a dedicated day, with a website and marketing campaign backing it.

Its just an idea I had, based on previous experience Ive had trying to join an athletics club i.e no info for new members, nobody to tell me where and when I can start etc.
    My hunch is that there are many people who would like to start something but are intimidated by approaching a club by themselves and thrown in the deep-end with experienced people.

Any thoughts are welcome

Would a 'National Clubs Day' inspire new members to join clubs? 2 votes

Yes, if promoted properly
    0% 0 votes
    No, it wont inspire people to join anything
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

Really interesting idea, would dearly love to see something like this come about. A social media campaign to gain ideas and get important people involved would be necessary I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Ive all sorts of fancy ideas in my head.
    I was thinking of a central website where you can click a location and sport and find details of clubs in your area.
    There should be a face of the campaign, like David Gillick for example, who talks to media and photo ops etc.
    I mean, it would probably mean a small team working full time on it and it would need a lot of funding for promotion. Im mulling over doing a feasibility study but funding would be a big issue.
    Maybe doing a Dublin one would be more realistic.

Advertisement