If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 40H6400/48H6400 (expired offer)

Options
  • 17-02-2015 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just about to click buy on one of these tvs on your ROI website, when I saw the offer for the FREE Samsung WAM250 on the page. I see that it has expired, but was wondering if there was any chance of an extension, before I click buy.
    Also - I am struggling to decide if the 48 inch is overkill and will just take over my living room. Not sure how you can help with that quandary though.

Kind Regards!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With FREE Samsung WAM250 multi-room Hub, offer ends 31/01/15, click here for redemption form.[/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I was just about to click buy on one of these tvs on your ROI website, when I saw the offer for the FREE Samsung WAM250 on the page. I see that it has expired, but was wondering if there was any chance of an extension, before I click buy.
    Also - I am struggling to decide if the 48 inch is overkill and will just take over my living room. Not sure how you can help with that quandary though.

Kind Regards!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With FREE Samsung WAM250 multi-room Hub, offer ends 31/01/15, click here for redemption form.[/font]
    Hi Sleepyholland.

Unfortunately this promotion was direct via Samsung so we are unable to offer an extension as Samsung supplied the WAM250 direct to the customer via their website.

Apologies, I will get our IT guy to remove the offer from our website.

When I first purchased my TV I went for a 42" but after a few weeks of watching I should have went for the 50" version as it would have fitted just as well as the 42"

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Hi,

Kind Regards!

Hi Sleepyholland.

Unfortunately this promotion was direct via Samsung so we are unable to offer an extension as Samsung supplied the WAM250 direct to the customer via their website.

When I first purchased my TV I went for a 42" but after a few weeks of watching I should have went for the 50" version as it would have fitted just as well as the 42"

thanks. I'll call the shop now to order!

Hi,

Kind Regards!

Hi Sleepyholland.

Hi Sleepyholland.

No problem at all.

You can ask for myself Kenny or any of the guys who answer the phone can take your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Hi,

Kind Regards!

Hi Sleepyholland.

Hi Sleepyholland.

No problem at all.

You can ask for myself Kenny or any of the guys who answer the phone can take your order.

Ordered my tv from you today. Looking forward to getting my hands on it. Thanks.

Hi,

Kind Regards!

Hi Sleepyholland.

Hi Sleepyholland.

No problem at all.

Ordered my tv from you today. Looking forward to getting my hands on it. Thanks.
    Hi Sleepyholland.

Thank you very much!

I'll drop our mail order team a call and ask them for an ETA for you.
    Which screen was it you had ordered, the 40" or the 48"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Kenny I'm still in the market for a TV - i bought a Samsung ue40h5500 locally but it's too small.  

So now I'm considering the ue48h5500 or the ue48h6400.  Apart from the 3D, is there really that much difference between the 2?  

What's you're very best, boardsie price on either of these? (Consider that locally I can get them at €599 and €669 respectively (no 5 year warranty though)

ablelocks wrote: »
    Kenny I'm still in the market for a TV - i bought a Samsung ue40h5500 locally but it's too small.  

So now I'm considering the ue48h5500 or the ue48h6400.  Apart from the 3D, is there really that much difference between the 2?  

What's you're very best, boardsie price on either of these? (Consider that locally I can get them at €599 and €669 respectively (no 5 year warranty though)
    Hey Ablelocks.

There are a few differences. The main one being the Hertz. The 5500 is 100Hz and the 6400 400Hz. Also the 3D as mentioned. The 6400 also has a few extra connections and as its a 3D panel it is a better screen overall the the standard LED.

On the 48H5500 the price of 599.00 that works out 135 Euro cheaper than us. I would check that they are not European versions instead of UK/Ireland spec. Unfortunately this is a non shipper and would need collected from the Belfast store.

The 48H6400 is coming in at 830 Euro which again is 163 Euro cheaper than us.

Our screens do come with 5 year guarantees however but those prices do seem very cheap indeed.

Who has them at the cheaper price and I'll check up on it but it seems like grey imports perhaps. Don't have the correct tuners etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Hey Ablelocks.

There are a few differences. The main one being the Hertz. The 5500 is 100Hz and the 6400 400Hz. Also the 3D as mentioned. The 6400 also has a few extra connections and as its a 3D panel it is a better screen overall the the standard LED.

On the 48H5500 the price of 599.00 that works out 135 Euro cheaper than us. I would check that they are not European versions instead of UK/Ireland spec. Unfortunately this is a non shipper and would need collected from the Belfast store.

Our screens do come with 5 year guarantees however but those prices do seem very cheap indeed.

Who has them at the cheaper price and I'll check up on it but it seems like grey imports perhaps. Don't have the correct tuners etc....
    both TV's are in Harvey Normans so they should be the correct regional spec.  I will check the model numbers on both just in case.  

Hey Ablelocks.

both TV's are in Harvey Normans so they should be the correct regional spec.  I will check the model numbers on both just in case.  
    Hey Ablelocks.

No problem at all.
    Any more questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.