Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are biker forums dieing out?

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

listermint wrote: »
    Speak for yourself :P

I only bought one there last year, as did my buddy.

There are several people in the office I would describe as actively looking into getting a bike. None of these people owned bikes previously.

You live in the Pale, so that doesn't count.:D

Feck all of the students have motorbikes in my college with the exception of myself and possibly 3 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TheArtOfNoise

Its always gonna be a minority thing, the 2 wheel life but still I ain't complaining...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In fairness biking is not for everyone....hence the low participation compared to four wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Red tape is definitely a turn off. The licencing system for cars is easy. Provisional, do your 12 lessons then go for the test. For bikes there's all sorts of shíte and restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

gerrowadat wrote: »
    FB has done away with a lot of forums. I run one for airsoft and it's dead, so is the one here on boards.

the other biker forums were a wash for me. biker.ie seems to be full of head the balls, and irishbikerforum never enabled my account and then deleted it a week or so later.

Same here with the Martial Arts and Self Defense forum, dead and most moved over to FB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Two bleedin great threads in here the last days.

One about 'keepin it real' and one about willy waving.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Same here with the Martial Arts and Self Defense forum, dead and most moved over to FB.
    Maybe the younger generation have moved to FB but on some forums I am registered with its mainly older people and they don't seem as enthusiastic about FB as Forums on BB's
    It really depends on the target audience IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anybody here on http://bikers.boards.net/

Its Delboys Garage forum. I find it good

P.C. wrote: »
    Two bleedin great threads in here the last days.

One about 'keepin it real' and one about willy waving.

:rolleyes:

And who's stopping you starting good threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Cienciano wrote: »
    And who's stopping you starting good threads?

The same people who are stopping you from starting good threads. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There is now a generation of people who state they don't use the internet but claim they use facebook daily. So yeah, forums will shrink or stagnate in the future. Facebook itself is losing ground to more involved instant messaging apps like viber/whatsapp. Why post something, when you can say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Just my 2 cents....

I have always been a huge forum user for anything i am interested in... But as soon as i joined facebook a few years back i slowly started neglecting forums and found i was just going to facebook for any questions.... ended up forgetting about forums all together.

I stopped using facebook and deleted my account about a month ago and have found i am on forums every day now, and loving it!!

fb is good for a quick answer to something but forums have permanent answers and great tutorials, i am happy to be back in forum world :)

H

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

This is where it's at lads & lassies - always something happening on Reddit

P.S. Be sure to check out the "Related Subreddits" on the right hand side also.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah reddit is good, we get some of the content posted here which I only think is a good thing!

Zascar wrote: »
    Yeah reddit is good, we get some of the content posted here which I only think is a good thing!

Definitely, anything interesting is worth a post here.

Advertisement