Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon New Checkout Procedure

Options
  • 17-02-2015 3:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

(Mods, Please move to Online Buying & Auctions if you think it more appropriate.)

I was just browsing the Amazon.co.uk site and android app and they have completely changed the checkout procedure for all users on the website and android apps!

they have turned on the one-click ordering by default and also now you go straight to the final page when you click on "proceed to Checkout".

They also check the "standard delivery" option by default as well as choosing pay in Euro by default. There used to be about three pages to navigate to place an order, Including one where you could check what delivery option was picked, but those safety checks have now been removed!

These changes are going to cost Irish customers money if they don't watch out.

Caveat Emptor.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

No change for me. Defaults to paying in GBP and I've always had Standard Shipping selected by default

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its certainly not changed for me anyway,

I'm not really seeing the consumer issue, even if what you are saying is true you have all the options available to you to change delivery, currency etc. Its not like they've removed these options altogether.

Essentially the only problem occurs for people that don't bother reading whats on the screen and blindly leave the order on for example standard delivery instead of changing it to super saver. Its not like there's no mention of FREE beside the super saver delivery option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It hasn't gone to full one click for me but it certainly has changed many of my default preferences. Thanks for the heads up Foggy. I have now reset all defaults and disabled one click on all the delivery addresses I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions.

No change for me either, I'm still on the original settings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It seems that some accounts are set to skip the address and payment card option pages after you have used the same card a number of times and it just defaults to this new way of going straight to the final Confirm order/Pay in Euro page.

Amazon state this is beyond their control and suggested I use a new payment card.
    03:41 PM GMT ******(Amazon): The checkout process still is the same 3 step process as before. However, depending on how frequently you use an address or payment card, our system automatically learns these preferences and takes you directly to the end of the checkout process.
    (emphasis is mine)

I was thinking of deleting my account but decided to try editing or deleting my card and setting it up again as payment card and this has worked so panic over:) but no thanks to Amazon who were not just unhelpful and failed to understand the issue twice in emails and yet again in a chat session.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

No change here, same card and address used for years and often very recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

foggy_lad wrote: »
    It seems that some accounts are set to skip the address and payment card option pages after you have used the same card a number of times and it just defaults to this new way of going straight to the final Confirm order/Pay in Euro page.

Amazon state this is beyond their control and suggested I use a new payment card.

(emphasis is mine)

I was thinking of deleting my account but decided to try editing or deleting my card and setting it up again as payment card and this has worked so panic over:) but no thanks to Amazon who were not just unhelpful and failed to understand the issue twice in emails and yet again in a chat session.

Cause it's a non issue frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

yuloni wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Does it depend on a certain amount? like when you buy about €25 to avail of SuperSaverDelivery, i clicked on 'Pay in this currency (UK) from now on' before that i could see both currencies as UK would be converted below the IE one.
    Also it would show on Amazon Invoice slip as well.

Thanks.

Advertisement