Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new country

Options
  • 17-02-2015 4:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I've been living in Canada for the past 3 years and I'm on the route to permanency but the outlook is not looking too good.

So, the folks of boards.ie, where should I move to? I'm a pipelayer and heavy equipment operator and the prospects of well paid work in this industry back home is slim. I have thought of Australia/New Zealand but the idea of going through the whole immigration process again is daunting.

Europe seems like an easy option plus it'd be much closer to home but would the language barrier make it difficult to find work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Tonto86 wrote: »
    I'm a pipelayer and heavy equipment operator and the prospects of well paid work in this industry back home is slim.

You are in cyclical industry so this is almost bound to happen no matter where you move, that is unless you keep moving... There will always be good years and bad years in these types of industry, so perhaps an alternative approach would be to try and develop some other skills to generate income during the down years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Tonto86 wrote: »
    I've been living in Canada for the past 3 years and I'm on the route to permanency but the outlook is not looking too good.

Do you mean you're about to qualify for a Canadian passport? If so I'd hang on for that before leaving.

Advertisement