Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Letter did you get? Letter 1 or Letter 2?

• 17-02-2015 8:52am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Well now, it seems that you lot have been split down the middle.

Recruitment have sent out letters to all applicants advising them that either their application:

"IS being processed through the remaining stages of the selection process"

or, that their application

"IS NOT being processed through the remaining stages of the selection process at this time".

However, it goes on to offer some comfort by saying:

"The (merit) list remains live and further candidates may be processed subject to developments of future funding."

I have added an anonymous poll for you guys to indicate which letter you have received, and that will be helpful for everyone to see a snapshot of the demographic of applicants who have had their applications halted. I've included some options in there to understand what the trigger is for halting applications.

Nobody can see who clicked which box. It's completely anonymous.

What stage are you at in the Application Process? 23 votes

I have no PCA or Medical date, and no Vetting papers yet, and I got the 'Thumbs Up' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I have no PCA or Medical date, and no Vetting papers yet, and I got the 'Thumbs Down' letter
    4% 1 vote
    I have no Vetting papers, but passed the PCA & Medical and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter
    69% 16 votes
    I have no Vetting papers, but passed the PCA & Medical and got the 'Thumbs Down' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I have no PCA date, but passed the Medical & returned Vetting papers, & got the 'Thumbs Up' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I have no PCA date, but passed the Medical & returned Vetting papers, & got the 'Thumbs Down' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I have no Medical date, but passed the PCA & returned Vetting papers, & got the 'Thumbs Up' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I have no Medical date, but passed the PCA & returned Vetting papers, & got the 'Thumbs Down' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I completed my Vetting papers, but have no PCA or Medical dates, and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I completed my Vetting papers, but have no PCA or Medical dates, and got the 'Thumbs Down' letter
    26% 6 votes
    I completed my PCA, but have no Medical dates or Vetting papers, and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I completed my PCA, but have no Medical dates or Vetting papers, and got the 'Thumbs Down' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I completed my Medical, but have no PCA date or Vetting papers, and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I completed my Medical, but have no PCA date or Vetting papers, and got the 'Thumbs Down' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I completed my PCA, Medical & returned Vetting papers, and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter
    0% 0 votes
    I completed my PCA, Medical & returned Vetting papers, and got the 'Thumbs Down' letter
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Took a while to write it up, but if enough people answer, it'll start to take some sort of shape.

Again, this is an anonymous poll. Nobody can see who ticked what, not even us Moderators.

Over to ye lot!

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

There's double of this option "I completed my Vetting papers, but have no PCA or Medical dates, and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter

I completed my Vetting papers, but have no PCA or Medical dates, and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter"

Might be easier to split it into two polls? As technically the poll could apply to both campaigns, are you trying to establish information for both campaigns or a specific one? Did both Campaigns get these letters or just Campaign 2?

Good idea btw

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Suzuka wrote: »
    There's double of this option "I completed my Vetting papers, but have no PCA or Medical dates, and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter

I completed my Vetting papers, but have no PCA or Medical dates, and got the 'Thumbs Up' letter"

Might be easier to split it into two polls? As technically the poll could apply to both campaigns, are you trying to establish information for both campaigns or a specific one? Did both Campaigns get these letters or just Campaign 2?

Good idea btw

Campaign 1 didn't get the letters, we did recieve emails ages ago, stating that our applications were being processsed.

I'm assuming the majority of us left have everything completed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Just fixed that now. I don't have an option to make 2 polls in 1 post unfortunately.

I think just a general answer will do, regardless of which Campaign you applied on. This poll is just to see where people stand at the moment.

Thanks for pointing out the typo. I fixed it before your post because I'm telepathic. :)
    Suzuka wrote: »

Good idea btw

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

just to clarify, the first option "I have no PCA or Medical date, and no Vetting papers yet, and I got the 'Thumbs Up' letter" is for those that missed the cut for the vetting forms on campaign 1405 but got the letter saying that list remained live?

• Advertisement

countrycop wrote: »
    just to clarify, the first option "I have no PCA or Medical date, and no Vetting papers yet, and I got the 'Thumbs Up' letter" is for those that missed the cut for the vetting forms on campaign 1405 but got the letter saying that list remained live?
    No. It could be, for example, Zachary Zuckerman, who did enormously well in both the IST and the AC, and they're processing applications alphabetically.

The applicant could also be someone they really want to hire for a show of diversity, for example, a Sheikh or a person of African-American descent, etc.

There are one or two individuals in the job who have parents from countries far away, and the job are always very keen to push push in front of a camera, or have their picture taken with them in uniform, as if to say "See? Skin colour or religious beliefs are not a problem in the PSNI. We have blah blah blah [insert politically correct words for ethnic minority groups here] on staff.

Anyway, all of the options in the poll are possible. I'm just wondering what the eventual bell curve will look like in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

But sure we know that the those that scored 78% and above received vetting forms and those below for the "not being processed at the minute letter" I'm just asking if I got that letter does that mean I select 'thumbs up' , even though its very much 'thumbs down' the the minute haha

countrycop wrote: »
    But sure we know that the those that scored 78% and above received vetting forms and those below for the "not being processed at the minute letter" I'm just asking if I got that letter does that mean I select 'thumbs up' , even though its very much 'thumbs down' the the minute haha
    If you personally got the "your application is being processed", then that's the 'Thumbs Up' letter, and you should tick that box. All you need to think of then is whether you passed your PCA, Medical or Vetting. There's an answer there for all possible combinations, and like I said, it's just to get an idea where people currently stand, not taking regard of what Campaign you are in.

Hope that clears it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Quite a few here are the second option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol where's the "I read it and can't remember what it said" option :/

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol where's the "I read it and can't remember what it said" option :/
    I forgot to put it in.

:pac:

Oh come on... that's worth more than a rolling of the eyes...

Advertisement