Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Health Cover

Options
  • 17-02-2015 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys,

Had to drop my VHI over the past few years due to circumstances but now I am in a position to take it up again.

I am looking for a joint (maybe kids too - cost dependant) plan? The last plan I had was the "company" one through VHI - the one you had to request.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Malvec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 figgisp

You should look at the Health Insurance Authority website, www. hia.ie. You can compare the plan you were on with comparable plans on offer with them and other providers. Really easy website to navigate. Some serious savings can be made by shopping around and making sure you don't have more cover than you need.

You should note that if you haven't taken out insurance before the 30 April 2015, there is a new law enacted which will penalise indivuduals who don't take out health insurance until after the age of 35. The price of your policy will be increased by 2% for every year of age over 35 you are.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement