Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External monotor issue

Options
  • 17-02-2015 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've a taken a monitor from an old laptop to use as a second display. A bought a controller board and it seems to work grand with the monitor - when it's powered up I get the backlight from the rear of the monitor and on the actual screen is lit up, although still black.

The problem is when it's connected to my laptop the screen is still black, I know the monitor is fine because it's still a "bright black" (if ya know what I mean!!). I cycled through all the external display options but I can't seem to get a picture.

Any insights?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just because its powered doesnt mean its working. Backlight is "fed" separately to the LCD.

What board are you using to convert HDMI/VGA to eDP?

Advertisement