Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor quality ads on Daft

Options
  • 17-02-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

"..... AGENTS are delighted to announce this lovely 2 bedroom apartment onto the market. Situated in the lovely area of The Willows, with fantastic views, overlooking the beautiful Boyne river, this property is situated only a stones throw from Drogheda town centre and all conveviable amenities and only minutes from the main M1 motorway. This property is sure to interest both the investor and the first time buyer alike. "

Plus 1 exterior photo, 1 very poorly taken interior photo and two of the River Boyne.

It is just me, or do agents not know what to put in an advert to get a prospective purchaser's attention?
    The only information to be gleaned about the property is that it is a 2 bed, 2 bath, the price (from the header) and its wondrous views.

There are many adverts on Daft similar to this one. Now, some will say that if someone is really interested, they will contact the agents who very often don't know the answer to questions or do not return calls and/or emails.

And as for "conveviable", it's not in my vocabulary nor my dictionary.

I, for one, just pass over it and go to the next advert.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Pictures to me are vital and I skip over any house with just one exterior photo, its like they are hiding something. I may have missed out on lovely homes cause of this but ahh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Tbf being an EA is an occupation for complete morons with a high tolerance for workplace monotony. Sometimes they're trainable enough that they can be taught to operate a DSLR camera, but that's asking a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭obsidianclock

Agreed!

Very upsetting when they don't include basic information e.g:

2 bedrooms (OK... but do we have double or single beds inside them... is there a living room?)

Also is this a private individual or an agency?

I had huge difficulties getting accommodation in Dublin as I had just arrived from UK and was looking for work. To get a work permit you need proof of address... however the agencies wanted proof of income before letting me sign on the dotted line.

In the end my friend and I had to pose as a married couple and I told them (truthfully) that I earn money from Freelance writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Plus 1 exterior photo, 1 very poorly taken interior photo and two of the River Boyne.

It usually means the house is currently rented and not in a condition to take pictures, or the house is in such a state that most wouldn't even consider viewing at the listed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

Pictures to me are vital and I skip over any house with just one exterior photo, its like they are hiding something. I may have missed out on lovely homes cause of this but ahh well.
    Agreed. And I particularly like a picture or two of the kitchen as I believe that a decent kitchen (size, decor and, for me, built-in appliances) usually means the rest of the property is decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fear_factory84

I think that they are taking advantage of high demand of houses especially in let ads.

I still have to come to Dublin, but I already think that they are trying to bullying me in any way..

Advertisement