Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comptia A+ Exams only

Options
  • 17-02-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can book the Comptia A+ exams only (not the course)?

I am self-studying online/ with books so only want to take the exam, preferably somewhere in Leinster.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TarryFinn

Thanks. 174 euro per exam, pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

TarryFinn wrote: »
    Thanks. 174 euro per exam, pricey.

CompTIA are some of the most expensive exams out there but they're industry recognised. While they don't carry a lot of weight, if you're going for an entry level position and you have them and other people don't, it'll work in your favour.

Kinet1c wrote: »
    CompTIA are some of the most expensive exams out there but they're industry recognised. While they don't carry a lot of weight, if you're going for an entry level position and you have them and other people don't, it'll work in your favour.

I've been working in IT support for a few years but I never got any technical certs or qualifications so was looking to fill a CV gap.... might be better to go for something that carries more weight.

I've been working in IT support for a few years but I never got any technical certs or qualifications so was looking to fill a CV gap.... might be better to go for something that carries more weight.

What area interests you? Windows? Linux? Networking?

• Advertisement

Kinet1c wrote: »
    What area interests you? Windows? Linux? Networking?

I am hoping to get free Windows Server training from my job but might be waiting a while. Other than that, I find networking intriguing but quite a vast area to get started in. I would like to work as a deskside engineer, is there a standard qualification for that? Do you need to be degree qualified? (I have a degree but it's not relevant as I couldn't find work in that area).

I am hoping to get free Windows Server training from my job but might be waiting a while. Other than that, I find networking intriguing but quite a vast area to get started in. I would like to work as a deskside engineer, is there a standard qualification for that? Do you need to be degree qualified? (I have a degree but it's not relevant as I couldn't find work in that area).

Deskside engineer as in desktop support? A+ and maybe the Windows 7/8 certifications. Basic networking will help you too so perhaps CCENT.

Server training and networking certs will help you a bit as a deskside engineer but would be more relevant to a sys/network admin.

Advertisement