Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiing 2 bills?

Options
  • 17-02-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I have received two bills on Feb 5th and Feb 17th, the same thing happened in November on the 18th and 27th.
    Why am I receiving 2 separate bills? Am I being overcharged? Surely I should only get one bill.
    Also my storage heating Time Clock is out by over 2 hours, could you send someone out to adjust the time?
    Thanks for your help.
    Rory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Rory,

Are you sending in meter-readings in addition to your scheduled bills?

If so, this would not be an extra charge, just a charge for usage since the previous bill, or a cancellation of an over-estimated bill and a replacement with the correct bill.
    We recommend sending in a meter-reading only soon after a scheduled bill is estimated.

If you private message us your Electric Ireland account number, name and address in full, and telephone number, we will assist you further ASAP.

With regards to the time-switch, are all of your storage heaters being affected?

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RSully

Hi Rory,

Are you sending in meter-readings in addition to your scheduled bills?

If so, this would not be an extra charge, just a charge for usage since the previous bill, or a cancellation of an over-estimated bill and a replacement with the correct bill.
    We recommend sending in a meter-reading only soon after a scheduled bill is estimated.

If you private message us your Electric Ireland account number, name and address in full, and telephone number, we will assist you further ASAP.

With regards to the time-switch, are all of your storage heaters being affected?

Regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una, I will private message you my details. I have sent in meter readings as the bill was estimated. My storage heating is just the one heater in my flat, but I noticed it coming on later and later over the last few months, it's now out by 2 and a half hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Rory,

The second bill is likely just generated by the meter-reading you send in, which often happens automatically (depending on when it is done so during the billing cycle).

Sending in a meter-reading generates a bill for situations like a housemate leaving and a final bill being needed for their usage up to the point they move out. The facility is also there to correct estimated bills that are not a close reflection of usage.

We will view your private message ASAP.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RSully

Hi again Rory,

The second bill is likely just generated by the meter-reading you send in, which often happens automatically (depending on when it is done so during the billing cycle).

Sending in a meter-reading generates a bill for situations like a housemate leaving and a final bill being needed for their usage up to the point they move out. The facility is also there to correct estimated bills that are not a close reflection of usage.

We will view your private message ASAP.

Regards,
    Una

Thanks for you help Una,
    Much appreciated, Rory

Advertisement