Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best value mp3 player for 30 quid.

• 17-02-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

Right i need a new mp3 player as my wife washed my ipod shuffle on the machine:o

The shuffle was fine but i found the volume level very low. I just need the player for running and will listen to music and podcasts.

Don't care about brand, just good battery and decent volume. Also ease of putting files on would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I'll start with the obligatory suggestion of the Sansa Clip +

It's small, easy to use and incredibly easy to put files on.

EDIT: Here's a link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Expandable-MicroSD/dp/B002NX0MEQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424249433&sr=8-3&keywords=sansa+clip%2B

(black one is the cheapest)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Sorry its outside the price i want to spend.

Edit

I found the 8GB version on Pixmania for 39 delivered..........deal if the delivery wasn't 10 quid. 50 is too much for the amount of use it would get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

That's a shame, I've no other suggestions for you then :(

not going to do any better than the sansa clip zip for the price.
    I'd buy new but you could risk a refurbished one
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sansa-Clip-Zip-4gb-Grey-Voice-Recorder-FM-Tuner-MP3-Refurbished-by-Sandisk-/271778653619?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f474525b3
    use parcelmotel for 4€ delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Another vote for the Clip+ or Zip. Have the Zip myself & one of my mates has the + a few years & is very happy with it. If you look on eBay or Adverts you might get a refurbished or 2nd hand one for cheaper than on Amazon. They're very good value in any case as you can expand the memory with a microSD card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

You may as well just search "mp3 player" on ebay, at €30 they're all gonna be varying degrees of shocking - you might be able to pick up an old model of something discontinued long ago that'd fit your requirements too.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Get a refurb +, I am using one and it's flawless!

You may as well just search "mp3 player" on ebay, at €30 they're all gonna be varying degrees of shocking - you might be able to pick up an old model of something discontinued long ago that'd fit your requirements too.

if you buy something old you'd run the risk of getting an item with a rechargeable battery that is on the way out - i.e. won't last as long and / or likely to die soon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

glasso wrote: »
    if you buy something old you'd run the risk of getting an item with a rechargeable battery that is on the way out - i.e. won't last as long and / or likely to die soon.

If you buy something old you've got a good chance of getting something that ran on AAA or AA batteries :pac:

If you buy something old you've got a good chance of getting something that ran on AAA or AA batteries :pac:

if you're going back over 12/13 years maybe....

• Advertisement

if you're going back over 12/13 years maybe....

Or under....

Or under....

You could be right but then the capacity is going to be half a gig or something! (All the hard drive players ran on rechargeable except for those crappy ancient arches ones)

You could be right but then the capacity is going to be half a gig or something!

...or something.

whatever. what I meant was that the players that had batteries date from at the latest (the last one that I remember was 2004) 2005 were small capacity players so at that time were probably max 1/2 gb. larger capacity players always had rechargeable batteries. does this need to go on.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Get a clip or zip. Or use an old phone. You can get Alba MP3 players in Argos for 9.99~12.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Use this in the gym, display is helpful, handy little thing.

Bush 4GB

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

some sort of refurbed sansa on ebay for 35-40€ would be what I'd recommend

haven't had any problems with clip zip I picked up 2 years ago

Advertisement