Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for Irish property while living in UK

Options
  • 17-02-2015 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]m from Donegal but living in the UK for 3.5 years and want to buy a house over home in Donegal with a view to moving to it within a year or two - work permitting. We don’t want to rent it out to anyone else – just want to use on our trips over as a holiday home and to get it ready for when we are in a position financially to move to it. I'd love to know are people encountering any obstacles or anything like that, or what banks are actually entertaining cases like mine. We are only looking to buy a fairly low value property (€55-75k) for 15 year mortgage, and will be in a position to pay a 25% deposit in a couple of months’ time. I have approached a few independent mortgage brokers and they are saying they are not taking new cases at the minute, so I'd love to know what our best approach is.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Los10space wrote: »
    m from Donegal but living in the UK for 3.5 years and want to buy a house over home in Donegal with a view to moving to it within a year or two - work permitting. We don’t want to rent it out to anyone else – just want to use on our trips over as a holiday home and to get it ready for when we are in a position financially to move to it. I'd love to know are people encountering any obstacles or anything like that, or what banks are actually entertaining cases like mine. We are only looking to buy a fairly low value property (€55-75k) for 15 year mortgage, and will be in a position to pay a 25% deposit in a couple of months’ time. I have approached a few independent mortgage brokers and they are saying they are not taking new cases at the minute, so I'd love to know what our best approach is.
    Hi Los10space,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

It would be best to discuss your requirements with one of our qualified mortgage advisers. You can apply online, arrange a meeting or request a call back here.

Alternatively, if you call 0818 200 339 (press option 4 for mortgages) to speak to one of our advisers they will be happy to discuss this with you.

Most of our mortgage applications are approved within 24 hours, our approvals are formal approvals that include a full credit assessment. This means once you have been approved with us, you can act on this approval straight away.

We also have house-hunter mortgage approval which is approval for a mortgage amount even before you have found a suitable property, our approval  lasts for 6 months.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement