Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g Rollout

Options
  • 17-02-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

I see on the Vodafone webpage that 4g is coming over mayo,does anyone know when mayo be completed,im in the belmullet area?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I see on the Vodafone webpage that 4g is coming over mayo,does anyone know when mayo be completed,im in the belmullet area?

It's in parts of Ballina already -- it's my better half's network, not mine sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Wait till they oversell it like they did with 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any where to see there roll out plan.I know they have small download caps but still want/need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

I've seen it pop up on my phone in Claremorris, Castlebar and Balla so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Got 4G on Three in Castlebar over Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jenno86 wrote: »
    Got 4G on Three in Castlebar over Christmas.

Same here. Have 4 bars of 4G in the house and all around town.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

You will soon be charged extra for 4g on three

• Registered Users Posts: 11 reluctantly agree

Is UPC available? I checked out their prices and they looked good.

I posted on a new thread about broadband/packages in mayo.

were just about to move to mayo and are looking for provider.
    any thoughts on which is best from available ones?
    cheers

cheers

No Upc in mayo, you can ask the people of Castlebar why they paid them (Chorus) millions for empty ducts. They won't show their face in the area again after that stroke

You are down to the old reliables, Eircom efibre and the resellers if you are close enough to a cabinet/exchange our Westnet if you are rural. I wouldn't class mobile internet as broadband at all

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

UPC only has analog cable (and deflector, if that's still going) in parts of Mayo, no broadband as far as I know.
    cheers

ESB / Vodafone will be the best when/if they launch their fiber to the home products. Until then what mass_debater says above applies.

No Upc in mayo, you can ask the people of Castlebar why they paid them (Chorus) millions for empty ducts. They won't show their face in the area again after that stroke

When did that happen?

wouldn't class mobile internet as broadband at all

Not sure about Mayo but 4G is offering 20mbps+ in part of the country, that's more than enough for most people and far more than a lot of people are getting from Eircom.

• Advertisement

monument wrote: »
    When did that happen?

Not sure of the exact date, This post is from 2004
    http://www.castlebar.ie/board/2004/aug/98031.htm

monument wrote: »
    Not sure about Mayo but 4G is offering 20mbps+ in part of the country, that's more than enough for most people and far more than a lot of people are getting from Eircom.

For now while it's empty, wait until they oversell it like they did 3G, we saw 3G tech demos showing empty networks doing 50 and 60mbit. Mobile should not be sold as a fixed broadband substitute

• Registered Users Posts: 11 reluctantly agree

so, to recap, you can receive 3g ok for your mobile but broadband in the house is not so great?

Advertisement