Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spots During Pregnancy

Options
  • 17-02-2015 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I used to have acne (albeit quite mild) around the time of my period, and since I got pregnant I'm getting red surface pimples non stop :( It seems a lot of the medications my dermatologist prescribed before aren't safe to use during pregnancy- does anyone have any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Sorry to say but probably very little you can do as it is all hormonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

It's an old wives tale but I've heard it said that clear skin + shiny hair during pregnancy = a boy and bad skin + lank/greasy hair = a girl !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Teatree oil has always done the trick for me and it seems to be safe during pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

You could have a read of this - I find Caroline Hirons' skincare advice to be great http://www.carolinehirons.com/2015/01/clinic-pre-during-and-post-pregnancy.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Elly_Welly wrote: »
    I used to have acne (albeit quite mild) around the time of my period, and since I got pregnant I'm getting red surface pimples non stop :( It seems a lot of the medications my dermatologist prescribed before aren't safe to use during pregnancy- does anyone have any tips?

I am the same covered in pimples. I had such great skin before barr rosacea which I was able to keep well under control with a topical treatment.

What I have found helps is tea tree and witch hazel to take down the swelling and redness and then aloe vera gel which i rub on before going to bed. It's still there but nowhere near as bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement