Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Email Flagged As Spam By Eircom

Options
  • 17-02-2015 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all!

Today it came to my attention that a customer received emails from niall ;droghedawebdesign (can't add c*m - 1st post) to their spam folder. I have since tested with another eircom email account which is also marking this email address as spam, including the following:

Added the email address to contacts
    Replied directly to the email address
    Checked Filters but none have been added
    Marked all emails sent to the spam folder as 'Not Spam'
    Added the email address + domain to Trusted Addresses/Domains

None worked and the emails are still appearing in the spam folder! Neither the domain or email address are blacklisted on a single one of the many resources available for checking, such as Irish blacklist (can't share links - 1st post) and mxtoolbox, which checks against 98 blacklists. 

Please approve the domain and web address so I may contact my customer in an efficient manner. There is absolutely no reason why they should be flagged as spam and I haven't had any problems sending to Gmail, Hotmail or any other email addresses. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niall_h01

This is a major issue for me. It creates an awful impression having to explain to a new potential customer that I can't send emails to Eircom addresses, even if they add me to their address book. Particularly as I'm a freelance web designer and such margins could result in client distrust and loss of potential business. 

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

Do not know about eircom
    but if an emails contain some links to other webpages many of these are not delivered and/or bounced as a spam
    if I sending these to different destinations to different countries. Removing links helps.

The test emails contained subject 'Test' and body text 'Test'. No other text that may have been flagged as spam, no signature or images. However, the email delivered to a local potential customer contained links to Themeforest demos but I've often sent similar emails to other email accounts, like Gmail and Hotmail, without any issue. 

While speaking with Eircom's customer service earlier I sent one of the test emails mentioned above to an eircom i e address provided by the employee which reached the inbox right away. All Eircom n e t email addresses receive the emails in spam, however. 

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

The Internet is monitored automatically - find more info on White, Grey and Black List (3 different and not about films) as I do not  want to put links here.  If these find or suggest that email you sent is a spam these can block your email or bounce it back for 24-48 hours. If no futher supposed spam sent from your PC, it will be unblocked automatically. No real people are involved here, so nobody can help.

Your own emails should not contain any suspition subjects, mostly it is a links to  other sites or similar/same email content sent to many emails at the same time. (Mass advertising).

You can set your security to receive everything, that means whatever your customers and spammers are sending to you and then sort incoming emails yourself. So can do your customers and eircom too. You can find about White Lists, Grey Lists, Black List for email on the Internet and how to remove their automatic protection too.

I myself removed everything, yes I receiving a spam too, but no emails from customers are blocked.
    But some customers are too iight protected and real business emails sometimes are bounced back/not delivered. A short email "please switch off your protection as I can not send to you my email" usually helps.

As mentioned earlier neither the email address or domain is marked as spam in the slightest after checking many online resources such as mxtoolbox, which checks against 98 resources - feel free to enter niall @ droghedawebdesign com on there. I've never engaged in spam of any sort and have only emailed a handful of acquaintances using eircom net email addresses who would never have marked me as spam. I have several other websites hosted with the same account that have the same IP address as droghedawebdesign com and all reach the inbox of eircom net email addresses no problem. 

Eircom's spam filter is clearly the issue here - Google and Microsoft have no problem with my email address and all my emails reach the Inbox with Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail. 

• Advertisement

Your suggestion that I ask my potential clients to turn off their spam filter is also highly impractical. Why would they decide to do business with a web designer who expects them to leave their email account wide open to spam, let alone someone whose account is flagged as spam? There is absolutely and categorically zero blame on me for this issue. I've never even shared a link that might be considered unsafe as I have AVG Website Scanner AND the WOT (Web Of Trust) browser extension running at all times to warn me of any insecure web addresses, which I always avoid in advance. 

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

niall_h01 wrote: »
    Anyone?
    Hi niall_h01

Exemptions upon request from spam listing are not accepted by eircom however I have requested more information on this for you and as soon as I have further information or clarification I will let you know

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

You could use an external mail provider such as mandrill. That cleared up any spam list issues I have had in the past. 

Hi Nial

Support have advised me that they will need the following information to look in to this further:

1.       Email sender
    2.       Email receiver
    3.       Bounceback (email reply)
    4.       IP address email sender
    5.       Mail Header if possible

Please PM me this and I'll pass on to support for you

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Still having the same problem with my emails being flagged as 'might be spam' when sending to eircom email accounts. Yesterday I received 2 inquiries from eircom addresses without them leaving a contact number so it looks like I've yet again lost substantial business for a sole trader due to this issue. Is it possible a competitor may have somehow hacked my email accounts?

I've checked the email addresses, domain and website IP addresses against hundreds of blacklists but haven't even found a single one that I've been blacklisted against. 

Alan: I replied with the necessary information but am yet to receive a response. Can you please look into it asap?

Still having the same problem with my emails being flagged as 'might be spam' when sending to eircom email accounts. Yesterday I received 2 inquiries from eircom addresses without them leaving a contact number so it looks like I've yet again lost substantial business for a sole trader due to this issue. Is it possible a competitor may have somehow hacked my email accounts?

I've checked the email addresses, domain and website IP addresses against hundreds of blacklists but haven't even found a single one that I've been blacklisted against. 

Alan: I replied with the necessary information but am yet to receive a response. Can you please look into it asap?
    Hi niall_h01

I have escalated your message to our email support team. As soon as I have an update I will let you know, please note their is an approximate response time of 24hrs.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks, Al. Any update please?

Thanks, Al. Any update please?
    Hi niall_h01

I have not received an update on this yet however I do promise to follow this up and request urgency from our email support team. I will get back to you as soon as possible Niall although this will more than likely extend in to tomorrow.

Many thanks
    Al

How is this progressing, Alan? I figure I have lost at least €5000 in prospective inquiries to date, a colossal figure for a sole trader.

How is this progressing, Alan? I figure I have lost at least €5000 in prospective inquiries to date, a colossal figure for a sole trader.

Apologies for the delays,

The email support team have advised me that it will be best to contact them for a faster response to your issues, If you are an eircom customer you can reach them on 1890260260 however if you are no longer an eircom customer you can reach them on 1530277100.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]However upon chasing a response today I have been also advised that your own email server hosted by [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]droghedawebdesign.com which is not blocked by eircom spam filters.
    [/font]

In your PM you did not include the IP address of the email sender, could you send this on to me when you get a chance?

Also, email support would like to know if you have they tried a different receiver? It might just be that receiver who marked mails from the sender as spam...

Thanks
    Al

The problem seems to be just with sending to eircom accounts, and I've tried many at this stage, from different computers in different locations, all with the same result. 

I also noticed a link in my email signature was incorrect, but it still doesn't appear to have resolved it

Advertisement