Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSG Vs Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Chelsea were absolutely terrible. Too slow and too many misplaced passes. Althiugh nobmugs themselves, psg were.made to look better than they have been. Costa largely anonymous, Fabregas was poor. Cahill wasted his last chance in the team.

That said, they should win at home. Maybe the crowd intimidated them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Save after save after save. He's a calming presence for his team, he's an intimidating, beastly presence for the opposition. Courtois is as good as it gets, once again he was excellent tonight and, in large part due to him, Chelsea leave the Parc De Princes with a very good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy with the away goal and this time we didnt lose.

Psg have to chase the game in london so the 2nd leg is finely posied. Given weve a free 6 days leading up to it we'll be fresh so hopefully we get the job done after a good result tinight, despite the performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Most of the Courtois were saves you'd expect any decent goalie to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Veratti got away with a red card challenge on Cesc.

I never said the ref was just incompetent for Chelsea. Verratti's tackle was ****, but that was a one off whereas PSG had the penalty and Ivanovic was lucky to be on the pitch aswell.

So many players should have had yellow cards (both PSG and Chelsea) before Van der Wiel picked one up. Ref didn't seem to want to book anyone.

Johner wrote: »
    Most of the Courtois were saves you'd expect any decent goalie to make.

Oh ya, nothing amazing but they still have to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Happy with the away goal and this time we didnt lose.

Psg have to chase the game in london so the 2nd leg is finely posied. Given weve a free 6 days leading up to it we'll be fresh so hopefully we get the job done after a good result tinight, despite the performance.

Would have taken a score draw before and even more so after the way the game panned out. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Considering he had to move and dive that negates the sraight at him part.

Youd expect him to save it though.

Yes but simple save to make for someone of his standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Great result , hopefully enough to see Chelsea through next leg

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Would have taken a score draw before and even more so after the way the game panned out. Delighted.

Ya a 1-1 is a good result for us.

We done enough to get the job done tonight, just.

Ya thats cahills fault for the goal.

He knows where cavani is, looks twice and still misses the header and also doesnt stop cavani he has to do one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

titan18 wrote: »
    Lucky from Chelsea. Dirty all night too. Were lucky the ref was so lenient/incompetent

Thought the ref was quite good tonight myself. One of the better referring performances in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If Lucas is back in 3 weeks time Id fancy PSG to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Ya thats cahills fault for the goal.

He knows where cavani is, looks twice and still misses the header and also doesnt stop cavani he has to do one or the other.

I know you dont really like cahill but that goal looks like terrys fault he backs to the far post leaving a big gap and is nearly standing on azpulicata when cross comes and he can see cavanini too he should have gone to him

Let's all give the same three or four generic responses for the next couple of pages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

brevity wrote: »
    Thought the ref was quite good tonight myself. One of the better referring performances in a while.

Missed a sending off and a penalty wouldnt say that is good. Did let the game flow in fairness to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good result , we'll take em at the bridge

I know you dont really like cahill but that goal looks like terrys fault he backs to the far post leaving a big gap and is nearly standing on azpulicata when cross comes and he can see cavanini too he should have gone to him

I just think its criminal that hes mis judged the ball in and missed a chance to clear it.

He has to either meet it or back away and stays between doing both but thats just my view on it. :)

JT isnt blameless but a 6'5 ibra against Azp at the back post has JT worried so he can get caught with both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Maybe I'm missing something but has Abramovich given up on the idea of his Chelsea team playing attractive football ?

Manager after manager was hired in the hope of playing attractive football ,Scolari,Ancelloti,AVB;some had success others hadn't .

I thought the return of Mourinho was with the stipulation that the team would try to change from their old defensive style and become more open ?

I really find it hard to watch this Chelsea side play ,they are an ugly team .
    Big ,strong,physical ,hard working with a couple of flair players but mostly workhorses.

This parking the bus style of play has to change surely ,is Mourinho ever going to give it a go trying to outplay decent teams ?

Does he want to change ?
    He stifled his Real side anytime they tried to play Barcelona until eventually he or maybe player power finally changed the approach and it bore fruit.
    Surely Abramovich cant be happy watching the football produced by his team where the initiative is handed to the opponents anytime Chelsea encounter a half decent footballing side.

Surely Abramovich cant be happy watching the football produced by his team where the initiative is handed to the opponents anytime Chelsea encounter a half decent footballing side.

checks league table

Ya, i'm sure Roman is very happy.

Nobody has ever heard from Roman about his philosophy on the game, as long as Chelsea win he'll be happy.

I'd rather win like jose than go gung ho and be picked off like AVB, you cant play that way all the time and any manager worth their salt would know this.

• Advertisement

For all the good that came from the AVB way, it wasn't worth it for the bad, and it's not like he stuck around for all that long that the frequency of the bad far outweighed the good. It's just that it was horrible to watch. That Arsenal loss was puke on a stick.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    For all the good that came from the AVB way, it wasn't worth it for the bad, and it's not like he stuck around for all that long that the frequency of the bad far outweighed the good. It's just that it was horrible to watch. That Arsenal loss was puke on a stick.

Utd away, Napoli away to name but a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

checks league table

Ya, i'm sure Roman is very happy.

Nobody has ever heard from Roman about his philosophy on the game, as long as Chelsea win he'll be happy.

I'd rather win like jose than go gung ho and be picked off like AVB, you cant play that way all the time and any manager worth their salt would know this.

Its an effective form of football ,I dont doubt that ,especially in England but what about all the talk of Abramovich trying to get Guardiola as manager a few years ago so his team could play the attractive football he so openly craved ?

At the start of Mourinho's second term ,after four games without a win in all competitions ,Mourinho hinted at his frustrations with the club when he said that Abramovich`s demands of a particular style of play was to blame for their woes.

So the style changed to a much more defensive counter attacking style ,much like that in Mourinho's first spell ,which is much easier to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Missed a sending off and a penalty wouldnt say that is good. Did let the game flow in fairness to him

:eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Its an effective form of football ,I dont doubt that ,especially in England but what about all the talk of Abramovich trying to get Guardiola as manager a few years ago so his team could play the attractive football he so openly craved ?

At the start of Mourinho's second term ,after four games without a win in all competitions ,Mourinho hinted at his frustrations with the club when he said that Abramovich`s demands of a particular style of play was to blame for their woes.

So the style changed to a much more defensive counter attacking style ,much like that in Mourinho's first spell ,which is much easier to play.

They are not playing their best stuff now I agree fully but Chelsea in the first half of the season were playing excellent football, some of the best I've seen in the last 10 years of watching them.

It's natural for Mourinho to switch to a more pragmatic style, especially in an away game in Europe when he feel his back is against the wall and results haven't been going as planned.

I'm pretty sure Abramovich has learned his lesson the hard way after not winning the league in 4 years and having paid millions in compensation to average managers like AVB. He'll leave the footballing decisions to Mourinho, as long as it brings success on field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Very bad video of Chelsea fans doing the rounds. Disgraceful!

Seen the video alright, stupid out of those fans.

you'll always get some clowns supporting your team.

Seen the video alright, stupid out of those fans.

you'll always get some clowns supporting your team.

Yup same for every team. Sickening images though!

Raf32 wrote: »

Linky?

Have heard that a group of fans were tear gassed outside a bar in Paris and that they didn't let another group of about 100 fans in until 15 minutes after kick off.

you cant defend when someones trying to get on the train.

It didnt matter if he was black, chinese or white, they were acting the muppets between them, no idea how many people stopped him from getting in the door looks like a handful.

Drink and football doesnt mix and idiots give a club a bad name trying act the lad on away trips, you can also factor in the racial abuse which isnt called for at all, the same fan probably idolises Drogba, idiot.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Linky?

Have heard that a group of fans were tear gassed outside a bar in Paris and that they didn't let another group of about 100 fans in until 15 minutes after kick off.

Always this stuff with the English teams abroad it seems. Think they are all harshly treated on past displays.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Linky?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yeah just saw it there on another site. Horrible stuff.

Yeah just saw it on the Guardian.

Disgusting, I hope the club identifies them and gives them lifetime bans.

Always this stuff with the English teams abroad it seems. Think they are all harshly treated on past displays.

Whats worse is, if 2,000 travelled and a handful act up, the whole travelling support get a bad name.

Happens everywhere but it doesnt make it acceptable, hope theyre identified and banned from travelling or going to home games.

Whats worse is, if 2,000 travelled and a handful act up, the whole travelling support get a bad name.

Happens everywhere but it doesnt make it acceptable, hope theyre identified and banned from travelling or going to home games.

Agreed, them tickets are hard got and shouldn't be wasted on that type of fan when there is plenty of decent ones dying to go to one.

Fans like that on away trips don't go for the football, they go for the trouble.
    Reminds me of the fellas who'd go to a teenage disco in a tanktop with no interest of getting a woman, just going fighting.

Agreed, them tickets are hard got and shouldn't be wasted on that type of fan when there is plenty of decent ones dying to go to one.

Usually with the European away scheme its buy through the club and present a passport number and name to collect the ticket which you travel with , very hard to pass off an away UEFa ticket so the guy or guys are either

a) morons who are drunk and acting up,
    b) racists,
    c) trying act tough and upset innocent people,
    d) all of the above which is worrying.

A few idiots will tarnish the clubs reputation as this spreads around the world via social media, hopefully theyre found out because of it too.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Fans like that on away trips don't go for the football, they go for the trouble.
    Reminds me of the fellas who'd go to a teenage disco in a tanktop with no interest of getting a woman, just going fighting.

Oh ya, and it ruins it for the rest of the decent fans.

Last year the a section of disabled Chelsea fans were pelted by the PSG crowd, there was no need for it.

Those fans on the train are leaving the side down nearly as badly as PSG fans last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

A few idiots will tarnish the clubs reputation as this spreads around the world via social media, hopefully theyre found out because of it too.

It's not as if Chelsea fans have a good reputation as it is though.

It's not as if Chelsea fans have a good reputation as it is though.

By and large they travel very well, its not the 80's or 90's. When its the tiniest of minority can dominate the headlines its disgusting.

Especially considering what happened last year those "fans" should have been better behaved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

****ing knackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Vile people. They reek of poverty and thuggery

ricero wrote: »
    Vile people. They reek of poverty and thuggery
    Vile, yes.

Poverty, no.

Thuggery, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

My god UEFA might not take that well at all! .. Dispicable bastards!

I know these are a tiny minority but it goes against everything UEFAs "No to Racism" campaign has been trying for years.

irishfeen wrote: »
    My god UEFA might not take that well at all! .. Dispicable bastards!

Considering the amount of racism Eastern European teams get away with it'll be a fine at worst.

Doesnt make it ok in the slightest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Considering the amount of racism Eastern European teams get away with it'll be a fine at worst.

Doesnt make it ok in the slightest though.
    I'm a United fan but if this was United fans filmed in Paris I would be slightly worried UEFA might want to make an example of us.. fine at the very least I would think!

You watch this become headlines across Europe tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm a United fan but if this was United fans filmed in Paris I would be slightly worried UEFA might want to make an example of us.. fine at the very least I would think!

I don't think UEFA are gonna get involved in an isolated incident (no matter how despicable) on a train.

The very worst UEFA would do is fine the club IMO.

Maybe a game behind closed doors but its not as bad as the Eastern european teams as a comparison.

not that I'm condoning one form of large scale racism over a handful of idiots, ideally you'd get none of it anywhere but you'll always get those types somewhere that bring down the clubs reputation, sadly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement