Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSG Vs Chelsea

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

It'll be a €50k fine (if it's punished) and forgotten about before the 2nd leg is played.

Have seen much worse and a fine of less than €100k is the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

One of them has been identified on Twitter! Gotta love social media!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Raf32 wrote: »
    One of them has been identified on Twitter! Gotta love social media!

Excellent, hope hes banned from ever going anywhere near the inside of a stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think UEFA are gonna get involved in an isolated incident (no matter how despicable) on a train.
    Probably depends how big the story goes .. They might have no other choice but to fine Chelsea.

Small fella in the white tshirt seems to be the main guy singing from the video.

B-FWKr_IgAMIle4.png

irishfeen wrote: »
    Probably depends how big the story goes .. They might have no other choice but to fine Chelsea.

It will probably over shadow the result tomorrow TBH and rightfully so, especailly if it means people are identified and banned as a result of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It will probably over shadow the result tomorrow TBH and rightfully so, especailly if it means people are identified and banned as a result of it.
    Might be just too late for the red tops for the morning.

Looks bad for the Premier League as a whole, not just Chelsea.

The online click baits will be out in force though, probably already are, i havent checked myself TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I realise you can't tar everyone with the same brush but my dislike of ''Lahndan'' teams stems from the quotient of Estuary Man tossers who support them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can they fine Chelsea for something that happened no where near a football stadium. Are clubs responsible for their fans outside of football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Surely that's a police matter and has nothing to do with them being Chelsea fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

My god UEFA might not take that well at all! .. Dispicable bastards!

I know these are a tiny minority but it goes against everything UEFAs "No to Racism" campaign has been trying for years.

UEFA can't do anything about it, if they do then all the nonsense about being unable to punish the Turkish and Italian teams for fan behaviour because it did not happen in the ground means nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Surely that's a police matter and has nothing to do with them being Chelsea fans.
    This exactly. It doesn't matter who they supposedly support, they are just despicable thugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They always have a choice. It's either in the realm or scope of things they punish for, or it isn't. I doubt this is, due to it being on a train away from the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

CSF wrote: »
    They always have a choice. It's either in the realm or scope of things they punish for, or it isn't. I doubt this is, due to it being on a train away from the ground.

It is 100% not in the realm of any football authority. To even attribute them to Chelsea is retarded.

It's a police matter and for the authorities who are meant to to be maintaining a safe place for the metro. They don't even mention Chelsea in the video. That racist gowl acting dosent just belong to soccer

It's just click bait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It is 100% not in the realm of any football authority. To even attribute them to Chelsea is retarded.

It's a police matter and for the authorities who are meant to to be maintaining a safe place for the metro. They don't even mention Chelsea in the video. That racist gowl acting dosent just belong to soccer

It's just click bait.
    Agreed. I think it will be difficult to punish too many people for it either because I didn't see much by way of clear pictures of identifiable individuals committing an offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

It must have been so awkward for these lads in the video when a black man scored the most important goal in their club's history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Maybe I'm missing something but has Abramovich given up on the idea of his Chelsea team playing attractive football ?....

I think you must be missing most Chelsea games this season anyway? Last night, and most European away legs was tight with a score draw in mind but in general we're playing the best football we ever have, top scoring the league, with some of the most exciting players (who lead the prem scoring, assists, dribbles completed, key passes etc etc)...

The old bus parking/boring football rhetoric is fine for talking about individual games but pretty stupid when talking about the team overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Excellent, hope hes banned from ever going anywhere near the inside of a stadium.

and trains of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It's great to read so many reasoned posts here about those sad unpleasant human beings on the train. Having to avoid all mainstream media and twitter today because there's very little reason on display there.

It's peculiar that football fans can be tarred with the same brush but completely unacceptable in every other walk of life.

If it was another club involved, English or not I'd feel the same, its a small amount of idiots that ruin it for the majority, of course thats not going to stop headlines that grab attention and portray all fans as racists but theres nothing ya can do about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Oh no you don't.

This is purely a Chelsea problem. The fans of other clubs in the Premier League don't carry on like this. Don't try dragging the other 19 into something they have nothing to do with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lapin wrote: »
    Oh no you don't.

This is purely a Chelsea problem. The fans of other clubs in the Premier League don't carry on like this. Don't try dragging the other 19 into something they have nothing to do with.

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Oh no you don't.

Agreed. This should not be seen as a Premier League problem. This is a problem with one club who in my own past experience have acted horribly. I was in Wembley in 2012 for the FA Cup semi final, and during the minute silence for Hillsborough a section of the Chelsea support showed total disrespect. Having said that I am not tarring all Chelsea fans with the same brush.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Really?

Yes really.

The Premier League have to act on this incident of course.

But to say it looks bad for the other clubs isn't on. It's not their mess.

I'm not tarring all Chelsea supporters with the same brush either.

Some of my best friends are Chelsea fans.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Agreed. This should not be seen as a Premier League problem. This is a problem with one club who in my own past experience have acted horribly. I was in Wembley in 2012 for the FA Cup semi final, and during the minute silence for Hillsborough a section of the Chelsea support showed total disrespect. Having said that I am not tarring all Chelsea fans with the same brush.

Those fans that day, at least a good deal of them, were identified and banned by Chelsea.

You cant stop 100% of all the idiot that support your club all you can do is be re-active in these situations.

Yes really.

The Premier League have to act on this incident of course.

But to say it looks bad for the other clubs isn't on. It's not their mess.

I'm not tarring all Chelsea supporters with the same brush either.

Some of my best friends are Chelsea fans.

This happened in a train station in a different country, the Premier League have no business getting involved in it at all.

Leave it up to UEFA if they feel so inclined.

Had this happened at Fulham Broadway or such, maybe the PL would and should get involved but in Paris, no idea why theyed stick their oar in other than its an English team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This happened in a train station in a different country, the Premier League have no business getting involved in it at all.

Leave it up to UEFA if they feel so inclined.

Had this happened at Fulham Broadway or such, maybe the PL would and should get involved but in Paris, no idea why theyed stick their oar in other than its an English team.

UEFA have said that they can't intervene and it's a matter for the French police.

greendom wrote: »
    UEFA have said that they can't intervene and it's a matter for the French police.

Well I hope those invovled are caught out with the aid of the British police and social media hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Those scumbags dont need to be dealt with.

• Advertisement

Seeing as the match will probably not be discussed and a seperate thread is up for the incident, I'll lock this up, no point having two threads discussing the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement