Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe/Cook Book

Options
  • 17-02-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for small bit of advice.

I have been asked to quote for photographing a recipe book.

I have an event/corporate rate that I would charge for the day etc.. and am leaning towards this but wondering if anybody has any experience or advice on to do it differently.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Hi All,

Looking for small bit of advice.

I have been asked to quote for photographing a recipe book.

I have an event/corporate rate that I would charge for the day etc.. and am leaning towards this but wondering if anybody has any experience or advice on to do it differently.

Cheers,

It kinda depends on the type of client, but I probably wouldn't quote a flat day rate for a job like this.

I'd be asking them:
    • How many images they need
    • Is a studio required
    • Will there be a food stylist present, or are you expected to fulfill this role
    • How will the book be distributed (print, online or both)
    • If it's a print book, how many in the first print run
    • How long do they require a license for the images (3, 5, 10 years)

Now, if it is just some independent trying to put this together off their own back on a tight budget, I'd probably forget about licensing and print runs and just quote on the amount of images and your time. Otherwise you'll likely send them packing.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Some food for thought there (excuse the really bad pun).

Thanks, Will get the thinking hat on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Lettuce hope your quote meats with approval - there's a lot at steak:D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

keps wrote: »
    Lettuce hope your quote meats with approval - there's a lot at steak:D

Iv thought long and hard but cannot come up with a response that is any way close to the level you had Keps. Amazing! All good on the quote, think we both happy :)

Advertisement