Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture, 5 years VS 8 years, options?

Options
  • 17-02-2015 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Right, so I'm a secondary school student intending on studying architecture at college and hopefully doing the whole MArch thing at UCD and if not then DIT and then if not that then Cork. What I'd like to know is what are the options after 5 years of a degree + masters, can I work for a firm? Can I work as a full-fledged architect abroad? What are the limitations or possibilities of what I can do. I know many find those last 3 years beneficial and informative and I know you can earn during them but I'd like to go into firm architecture, preferably somewhere outside of Ireland and I'm miffed enough that I've to do five years instead of four so I think I'll be woefully irritable if I absolutely have to do 8.

P.S. I've read the RIAI website but they basically just want you to plump for them or not at all, it was uninformative to say the least.

Advertisement