Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Giving Iphone 5 to daughter

• 17-02-2015 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

I got an ugrade this week to iphone 6 so I gave my daughter the old iphone5...shes only 12 and has no phone previously...
    1. shes just using the wifi at home and downloaded a few apps using my password for the app centre...these apps are also appearing on my iphone 6...does she have to get her own app centre password ?
    2. what might a suitable cheap plan be for her ..ie get the phone on a network?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Get whatever network you got it from to unlock it and then get either a Tesco, 48 or three sim. She would be better off with her own Apple id as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

hurler32 wrote: »
    1. shes just using the wifi at home and downloaded a few apps using my password for the app centre...these apps are also appearing on my iphone 6...does she have to get her own app centre password ?

Go to settings, iTunes & app store and switch off automatic downloads (On your phone) so the apps won't donwload to your phone when purchased on a different device.
    You could get her her own Apple ID and use family sharing for some purchases you don't want to pay for twice (maybe not necessary at this stage, but could be for the future).
    Giving an iPhone and intenet to a child has obvious risks, you might want to have a look at the restrictions options in settings, general (use a different passcode then the one to unlock the phone).

Under 13s cannot create an Apple ID officially, maybe look at using family sharing in this case.

https://www.apple.com/ie/ios/whats-new/family-sharing/

Advertisement