Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedding donations

• 17-02-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I did a huge clear our of my hot press, I have perfect but faded sheets, duvets and towels that I no longer need. Is there any specific animal rescue that takes these as bedding or should I just go to the clothing bank?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Where in the country are you and then perhaps people can PM you their suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

Thanks toulouse, that would have been an ideal thing to do. I'm in Malahide, but willing to travel within reason.

PM'd you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

PM me too! I have some bits and pieces that I'd rather donate to a rescue than the big re-homing center up the road after a chugger told me they wanted money and not donations of stuff :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

To be honest, tk123, not every organisation can handle donations of stuff. It's time-consuming dealing with people, checking the state of the stuff, storing, dispatching etc. This is why it's understandable (not necessarily right) that they prefer money.

• Advertisement

I'd usually take what chuggers say with a pinch of salt, unfortunately most of them are less than au fait with the needs or wants of the organisation they are collecting for.

I even had one tell me to switch my donation to them, that it would be better spent, after I explained politely that I already supported two smaller organisations. Needless to say he didn't realise that I had contacts in the organisation that he was collecting for and they were horrified when they heard what was being said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lucena wrote: »
    To be honest, tk123, not every organisation can handle donations of stuff. It's time-consuming dealing with people, checking the state of the stuff, storing, dispatching etc. This is why it's understandable (not necessarily right) that they prefer money.

Dealing with people goes hand in hand with a public facing roll?

This was €100 worth of brand new stuff that said chugger knew nothing about. I was sent a triple order from a supplier and it was too costly for them to courier it back so I decided to donate it. They were trying to bully me into setting up a direct debit telling me I should be able to afford €10 a month(I was unemployed at the time)

Not everyone who donates stuff is looking to offload old crap that's fit for the bin.

Advertisement