If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv and soundbar

Options
  • 17-02-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi lads,
            Am looking buy a tv for sub 400 euro.. interested in best quality picture possible and large screen size. 

Not too ppushed on a smart tv..
    also a recommendation for a cheapish soundbar too

Do you deliver to Drogheda?
    Thanks
    Hugh

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi lads,
            Am looking buy a tv for sub 400 euro.. interested in best quality picture possible and large screen size. 

also a recommendation for a cheapish soundbar too

Do you deliver to Drogheda?
    Thanks
    Hugh
    Hi Buenavistam.

We have a Bluapunkt 50" priced at 449.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200644-50211.aspx

Or you could go down in size to the Samsung UE40H5000 priced at 399.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200545-ue40h5000.aspx

Starting point for a soundbar would be the Wharfedale Vista 100 coming in at 189.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12745-vista-100.aspx

The link below shows all the soundbar available to us. WE can only ship the ones that are listed as "BUY IT NOW"
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/c-58-Soundbars.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Buenavistam

Hi lads,

also a recommendation for 

Thanks Kenny.
    I see you have a sharp 46" on the website. ..iis that a good tv? In comparison to the 2 others... I bought a sharp tv from you 6/7 years ago and still going strong.
    Thanks
    Thanks Kenny.
    I see you have a sharp 46" on the website. ..iis that a good tv? In comparison to the 2 others... I bought a sharp tv from you 6/7 years ago and still going strong.
    Thanks

Hi lads,

also a recommendation for 

Thanks Kenny.
    Thanks
    Thanks Kenny.
    Thanks
    Hi Buenavistam.

Unfortunately the Sharp 46" is an in store only purchase and can not be shipped.

The Blaupunkt in my opinion would have a  better screen than the Sharp but the Sharp does full HD and has Freeview HD on board.

In the Blaupunkt range you would need to go to the Freeview HD version to get your Saorview stations priced at 499.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201078-50148z.aspx

Out of all the screens mentioned the Samsung would be superior.

Hope this helps.

Any questions let me know.

It's a great help..thanks.
    with the samsung:  can I get freeview and saorview?
    Warranty? Is there any movement on price as it's the same price in Briscoes here in Drogheda (expert shop) 

And the Blaupunkt. .. is it reliable? 

Finally I have a pioneer xx 31st
     amp I got from you in Belfast years ago... which tv would be best suited.. no hd mi link ..hence the question re:soundbar.

Cheers.

It's a great help..thanks.
    with the samsung:  can I get freeview and saorview?
    Warranty? Is there any movement on price as it's the same price in Briscoes here in Drogheda (expert shop) 

And the Blaupunkt. .. is it reliable? 

Finally I have a pioneer xx 31st
     amp I got from you in Belfast years ago... which tv would be best suited.. no hd mi link ..hence the question re:soundbar.

Cheers.
    Hey Buenavistam.

The Samsung will not pick up freeview in the south of Ireland as this is a UK service. We'll depending on how close you live to the boarder or to wales but agian the EPG may not display properly.
    It will pull in Saorview no problems.

To get the UK free to air stations you would need to go Freesat which pulls the stations in via Satellite.

UK spec TVs need to be Freeview HD to obtain the Saorview channels.

The Blaupunkt so far has been reliable as any other manufacturer for us.

The Samsung TVs would suit it better as its a better TV but if you want the largest for your money then the Blau is the one to go for.

Hope this helps a little, any further questions please let me know.

• Advertisement

Thank Kenny. I was in Tesco extra Drogheda and they had the samsung tv for 359...and it was the ue40h5000. .. 
    I'd prefer to get it from yourselves if I'm going for it but tesco deal gas thrown ne. 

Thank Kenny. I was in Tesco extra Drogheda and they had the samsung tv for 359...and it was the ue40h5000. .. 
    I'd prefer to get it from yourselves if I'm going for it but tesco deal gas thrown ne. 
    Hi. I don't think the Tesco's price includes the five year guarantee like ours does.  While in general Samsung TV are reliable, with the guarantee you have peace of mind for five years, that if something was to go a miss with the set it will be repaired or replaced at no expense to yourself.

Regards Stephen 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.